Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

E10 Petrol september 2021!!!

I just been checking out Toyota GB Blog and they have some info on  this:

" This change will not affect Toyota owners with a diesel-powered vehicle.

Which Toyota models can use E10 petrol?

If your Toyota has a petrol engine or hybrid powertrain and was officially produced for European markets since January 1998, it will be compatible with E10 petrol.

The only exceptions to this rule are the following vehicles:

• Toyota Avensis with 2.0-litre 1AZ-FSE engine made between July 2000 and October 2008.
  • Toyota Avensis with 2.4-litre 2AZ-FSE engine made between June 2003 and October 2008.

If your vehicle was produced before January 1998, it cannot use E10 fuel.

Can you use E10 petrol in imported cars?

If your car is an imported model that was not official sold in European markets, we recommend staying on E5 by using super unleaded, which has a higher octane rating. Having received queries from owners regarding specific imported models, we are investigating this further. "

3 hours ago, CheltGirl said:

I just been checking out Toyota GB Blog and they have some info on  this:

" This change will not affect Toyota owners with a diesel-powered vehicle.

Which Toyota models can use E10 petrol?

If your Toyota has a petrol engine or hybrid powertrain and was officially produced for European markets since January 1998, it will be compatible with E10 petrol.

The only exceptions to this rule are the following vehicles:

• Toyota Avensis with 2.0-litre 1AZ-FSE engine made between July 2000 and October 2008.
  • Toyota Avensis with 2.4-litre 2AZ-FSE engine made between June 2003 and October 2008.

If your vehicle was produced before January 1998, it cannot use E10 fuel.

Can you use E10 petrol in imported cars?

If your car is an imported model that was not official sold in European markets, we recommend staying on E5 by using super unleaded, which has a higher octane rating. Having received queries from owners regarding specific imported models, we are investigating this further. "

I'd be concerned if it did affect people with diesel Toyotas :lol:

But what I don't understand is, why does it affect 97 and before, but not 98 onwards? What was changed in 98 year celicas over 97 and before? Was there some legislation that made them use different materials or something? 

It sounds almost like they're just giving a blanket statement year just to be safe and keep it simple... Could be my ignorance though... 

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

I'd be concerned if it did affect people with diesel Toyotas :lol:

But what I don't understand is, why does it affect 97 and before, but not 98 onwards? What was changed in 98 year celicas over 97 and before? Was there some legislation that made them use different materials or something? 

It sounds almost like they're just giving a blanket statement year just to be safe and keep it simple... Could be my ignorance though... 

I'd hazzard a guess that coping with E10 was made a legal  requirement in Europe in 98, therefore a blanket statement.

• Like 1

Spotted this on YouTube …could work if smaller quantities of fuel are required for classic motorbikes or even lawnmowers/ chainsaws etc but would be rather time consuming for a classic car .

Extract from the Esso website - I have been using their Esso Supreme 99 recently and my car certainly seems to like it.  Ethanol free, except in some areas.

Although our pumps have E5 labels on them, our Synergy Supreme+ 99 is actually ethanol free (except, due to technical supply reasons, in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland). Legislation requires us to place these E5 labels on pumps that dispense unleaded petrol with ‘up to 5% ethanol’, including those that contain no ethanol, which is why we display them on our Synergy Supreme+ 99 pumps.

• Like 2

That esso fuel is silly high price here. I just stick with momentum99. Shame ecu is encrypted and cant be mapped to make better use of high octane. 2zz would probably put out the full 190 then lol.

2 hours ago, slybunda said:

That esso fuel is silly high price here. I just stick with momentum99. Shame ecu is encrypted and cant be mapped to make better use of high octane. 2zz would probably put out the full 190 then lol.

The beams EXU in mine is mapped for 100RON Japanese fuel.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.