Passenger door scratched:/

Just finnished college and went back to my lovely blue gen 7 celica, i got there and i realised there is a massive scratch and dent on passenger side door!!! Ive phoned up the police but unfortunately there is nothing they can do as there is no witneses:( and no cameras! so yea what seemed to be a routine trip to college has ended in additional cost:(. i really just wanted to cry, cant belive my little baby got damaged:( badly. does anyone know a good place down south(southampton area) where i can get it fixed?

Thanks guys

:( sorry to hear that dude. it's a horrible feeling.

i came back to find someone had driven into the back quarter of my car... as usual, no notes or witnesses :(

so i feel your pain.

but :worthless:

how deep and long is the scratch?

most dents can easily be pushed out by a pro.

the scratch could be treated with Scratch-x or carefully touched up and polished out.

Edited by InsolentMinx

fuck!

looks a bit like mine did.

that certainly can't be polished out! :lol::(

where did you park? looks like someone sideswiped you. lucky they didn' get the mirror too :(

Believe it or not it was in very quiet residential area not far away from my college. and yea it can't bo polished :(

but i'm guessing it was in the street, and not in a car park?

i reckon your best bet is to just get a new door.... can't remember if mine was £60 or 80 from AMS, but it's much easier/cheaper than knocking out and repainting that one!

:(

yea it was in the street.

i agree with you mate, its less hassle to just get the door changed.

i had a quick look on ebay and you are right prices range from about £60 to £90.

will look into it in more details, will keep u guys informed with progress. hope to sort it out soon.

I haven't tried anywhere local myself but a guy I work with daughter damaged her car a few weeks ago and he used a garage in Otterbourne just up the road from you. He said the job was really good and it wasn't that expensive (two wings and a bonnet). I will get the details tomorrow although a replacement door I am sure will be cheaper. Anyway will PM you and if you do go the garage route let me know if you need any help even if it just a case of running you home etc. I think a lot of people have gone through things like this , when you look at the damage you can hardly say that they would have not noticed, Feckers!

That's not a scratch! That's the results of a fucking arsehole.

College you say - checked the cameras? You'll be surprised and you should also report it to police as they will use all surrounding buildings' cameras. Best of luck and sorry to see it!

Sorry to see the amount of damage to your "baby".

Looks to me as though someone has reversed into/up the side of your car otherwise the door mirror would have gone (?).

I was feeling sorry for my blue 140 when neighbour wheelie bin was blown over onto it and put a dent in the N/S door and wing,Silly bugger put his dead christmas tree in the recycle bin but it was too big and he couldn't get the lid shut so, instead of sawing it down, he just stuck it in the bin and left the lid it open,'Course with all the wind we had recently the lid acted like a sail and smack - 2 dents. . . . but nothing compared to what you've suffered . .

Hope you can get it fixed and, like the others on here, a new door is the way to go. A repair to that will never be 'right' your eyes will always be drawn to the area and you will alway notice it.

Good luck

Nasty dude, in Southampton myself, someone dented my door on Saturday opening theirs..., no notes or anything. And yours is much worse, I can feel your pain!!

Edited by digs

That's not a scratch! That's the results of a fucking arsehole.

College you say - checked the cameras? You'll be surprised and you should also report it to police as they will use all surrounding buildings' cameras. Best of luck and sorry to see it!

unfortunately there wasn't any cameras around where i was parked:(

Edited by spinder23689

Have a few lagoon blue doors, £45 collected for bare door or £60 with window, motor, lock actuator etc (everything but lock and handle)

Shame it's happened.

That would be the cheapest option. A bodyshop would charge that much just to paint a door though.

Have a few lagoon blue doors, £45 collected for bare door or £60 with window, motor, lock actuator etc (everything but lock and handle)

All day long your best option with that damage.looks quite high up,probably a pikey flatback wagon or a school run mum-mobile.Bastards.

i would be parking on that road again and just watching for any cars coming past with damage that lines up with yours if they are a collage person then theres a chance you might just see them

Edited by carlasumm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.