Norfolk Police and exhaust noise

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update, Only a few more days until the court date. I have been sent through the Witness statement from the other PC who was at the scene when my car was noise checked. His statement has the wrong car colour(says it is green) and incorrect vehicle reg.( HUV not HVV) Good start isn't it? Also I was sent through a bundle of photos which they took of the exhaust system.

I'm actually quite looking forward to Wednesday now. It's dragged on now since August last year, but has given me plenty of time to read through and see what mistakes they (Norfolk police) have made

Will keep you all informed of the result

For those that don't know what my exhaust looks like here a pic. They "look really loud" don't they ? :lol:

exhausts.jpg

I really hope you come out on top of this blatant waste of time.The law doesnt even have a concrete set of guidelines in place for God's sake,let alone the Norfolk Police not even coming across like they have a clue what theyre doing.They cant even get the Registration number of the car right for crying out loud.

And that, Brian, is exactly as I am going to play it.

Will be watching this thread, good luck

There is no better feeling than walking out of that court having given your evidence after hearing the judge say 'case dismissed' :D

Just read through all of this. I'm wondering why the Magistrate's Court didn't dismiss the case at first hand when the prosecutor was so unprepared.

All I can say is that you have my support and I'm never going to Norfolk.

Actually, in accordance with the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 a GT4 is an off road vehicle as it ©(ii) "is so constructed or adapted that the driving power of the engine is, or by appropriate use of the controls can be, transmitted to all wheels of the vehicle".

Just read through all of this. I'm wondering why the Magistrate's Court didn't dismiss the case at first hand when the prosecutor was so unprepared.

All I can say is that you have my support and I'm never going to Norfolk.

Actually, in accordance with the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 a GT4 is an off road vehicle as it ©(ii) "is so constructed or adapted that the driving power of the engine is, or by appropriate use of the controls can be, transmitted to all wheels of the vehicle".

hehe and in accordance that sole same thing applies to any and all 4x4 vehicles which are predominantly known as a tractor but try telling that to a range rover vogue driver :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.