Need someone to take my car out

fabiano

First of all apologies if im a little silly with spellings ect.....

three weeks ago was out in my celica on the tuesday evening on the m42 making my way to tamworth college to pick up my 17 yo son...i had just pulled off the motorway at tamworth when i had what i thought was a terrible migrane...within around 3 minutes i couldnt see anything i was almost totally blind...thye nitty gritty to this is i suffered a serious stroke which had robbed me of my sight.left me partly pralysed down my left hand side took my balance and aslso badly affected my short term memory.....obviously i have now lost my licence and it dont look as if i will ever get it back.......im still in control of myself so dont thinkj like some people that im bed ridden because im far from it ..but...my lovely celica is just sitting outside..the battery getting more and more flat by the day..is there any members that would be willing to come to my home and if i put fuel in it take me and my car for around a 40 mile trip just to charge up the battery and keep eveything from seizing up on it?????..i would love top hear the roar of that engine again.....obviously you would need some type of insurance and i would need to see that.....really hope im not asking to much here and if you think i am then apologies to you

regards

Fab

What an awful thing to happen to you. I know that some stroke victims do partially recover so hopefully things will get better for you.

I'm sure one of our members will be only too happy to help you out with the car if we can find someone local, whereabouts are you?

good luck mate,

i work in a field dealing with lots of elderly and see many who have had a stroke, many of them recover to some degree but it can be a slow process, so hang in there mate. also deal with mobility products, so dont rush into buying at top price,

if u need anything hold out, they will drop prices (tell em your shopping for best deal and geting plenty of quotes.).

Really sorry to hear this Fab, Best wishes.

Sawyer isn't too far from you I believe, could be worth having a word with him, He's currently SORNED his Celica so I'm sure he'd love a chance to help you out mate.

Take care.

Really sorry to hear this my friend :( That's terrible news!

As you know I'm not too far away and I'm more than happy to take you out. I'd need to check with my insurance but I think my fully comp policy allows me to drive other cars.

I'll even happerly give it a clean and polish for you as I remember how much you cared for it. :)

Hope you make a speedy recovery.

Edited by Sawyer

thank you all so much for your bet wishes and good lucks..Sawyer i did ythink of you but couldnt remember where i had seen you and i know your very close to me in distance if your insurance allows you to drive my car then yes......i have thought of selliing it but i want to see if i can get behind the wheel again as selling would my last option even though i probably wouldnt get my money back off it ..it has been a joy to drive..it does have a full service history and recently had new radiator and other bits and pieces done to it buts still very much a standard car still..but selling is for another time i just want it to keep moving for now and give myself a little time and hopefully i can drive her myself again..sawyer contct me i think i gave you my contact detaila when we met some time ago

Sorry to hear this Fab, and if i lived closer i would love to take your car out as i you have one very very tidy Gen 5 indeed, and i can't blame you for not wanting to sell it either

Hope you have a speedy recovery and get back behind the wheel of your beautiful 5 :thumbs:

Really sorry to hear this Fab, mate. I hope you make a recovery and can get behind the wheel again.

Staffordshire's a bit out the way as I'm in London but I'm sure Sawyer or someone else will come to the rescue.

As ORC has said, driving someone elses car requires them to be insured on it AND your own policy allowing you to drive cars of same or larger sized engines. A quick phone call to both insurers should be fine.

If you can't drive any time soon, it might be worth thinking about selling the car to someone who's willing to sell it back to you for the same price...will keep it active and it'll likely be someone who'll care for it properly.

All the best fella

Really sorry to read this mate, I wish you all the very best and hope you make a complete and speedy recovery. I am unfortunately nowhere near Tamworth, if I was I would certainly have been round to help you. Again, all the very best buddy!

Sorry to hear, i work with people with disabilities and with time, hard work and positivity i have seen people do far more than doctors expected.

I'm not close enough to come and take you for a drive :( But wish you all the best for the future, speedy recovery.

On the insurance side i'm fully comp and as such insured to drive any car belonging to someone else, provided i have their permision and they have their own policy.

sorry to hear this fab if you cant get anyone else to drive it i will come over and give it a run round for you i am a guesssing that you are somewhere between tamworth and stoke so it is a bit of a trek from milton keynes but i am fully insured no matter what the circumstances ,but if there is anyone closer who can help consider me as a last option

hope you recover soon ,best wishes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.