Halfords Magnatec offer

Kev 16v

This is a bit of a sly offer from halfords as you need 5L for an oil change. Well I think the gen 7 takes about 4.3L of oil so you would need to buy two of those 4L magnatec to do a full oil change which would cost you £35. So not that a good deal after all! I very nearly bought one too until I saw it was 4L. I ll prob buy a single 5L of something else!

Edited by Serratia

Yeah cracking deal, I actually brought 4l & changed my oil yesterday topping it off with what I had left in the garage.

Just a word to the wise though, although it says 'full synth' on the bottle it is in fact hydrocracked mineral oil

Dunno about anyone else but when I had my 1.8 Eunos it would be fine on other oils but not Magnatec. For some reason it burned like feck in there, used so much of it. A bottle of Mobil 1 would last much longer.

Used Shell Helix in the Celica last.

Dunno about anyone else but when I had my 1.8 Eunos it would be fine on other oils but not Magnatec. For some reason it burned like feck in there, used so much of it. A bottle of Mobil 1 would last much longer.

Used Shell Helix in the Celica last.

I put magnatec in the celica a few changes ago & it didn't use a drop over 12 months. I do understand why people stick to a prefered brand but tend to just stick in what's on offer at the time as long as it's the right spec & a decent brand.

Just a word to the wise though, although it says 'full synth' on the bottle it is in fact hydrocracked mineral oil

Very true.

I do understand why people stick to a prefered brand but tend to just stick in what's on offer at the time as long as it's the right spec & a decent brand.

Same here :)

Both Millers and Fuchs sell in five litres bottles for you "lift" addicts, four litres is the exact amount for an oil/filter change on a VVTi.

This is a bit of a sly offer from halfords as you need 5L for an oil change. Well I think the gen 7 takes about 4.3L of oil so you would need to buy two of those 4L magnatec to do a full oil change which would cost you £35. So not that a good deal after all! I very nearly bought one too until I saw it was 4L. I ll prob buy a single 5L of something else!

You would just buy 4L and then a 1L surely?

I have to agree with that aftershock, my prefacelift 140 inhales oil so fast that im gradually working my way through every brand...what evers on offer goes in!

yep - the other day I almost used oil that had come out of another car but resisted!

yep - the other day I almost used oil that had come out of another car but resisted!

The last 3 cars I've had supped a fair bit of oil (1st Nissan sunny - but it did have 150k on the clock and a slight leak from the block, 2nd a Corsa - a litre every 1k miles - that's Vauxhall for you!!, and now Celica Pre-face uses about a litre every 3K miles which I think is about right - hopefully!!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.