Norfolk Police and exhaust noise

What a total waste of time & money from the establishment. Eventually go into court at about 4:30 after waiting around for about 3 hours I got into the court room, Magistrate asked about my Not Guilty plea, so I gave them the info on the ISO spec and how Plod tested the exhaust at the wrong revs.

Prosecution looked blank and then said "I thought he was pleading guilty" to which the Magistrate said that "Mr Monkey Boy (Not real name ;)) corresponded to the courts in January stating the not guilty plea"

Prosecution then said "if that is the case then, I have no info on this case, we need the Police officers here" to which I was given another date of 29th May.

The Magistrate then said to me, "ooh, this looks quite technical, I wish we had a more male biased Magistrate bench". (2 females & 1 male Magistrate sitting). She then said that "it looks as if you know your stuff,?" to which I replied "that I work in the motor industry at Lotus Cars" and she said "well done" & smiled

So the plot continues, and to top it all off it cost me £7:00 in the pay & display car park.and another day I have to book off work.

To Ninja Neil, - Mate, you would have been bored stiff

To Arizona - Love the convicted Monkey pic, but it is going to take more to keep this monkey from behind bars (unless it's a bar that sells alcohol)

Edited by Monkey Boy 1

Bit worrying all that really. You would think that after they cocked up it should just get thrown out of court, but no, it seems the incompetence continues.

And what was the woman on about! If you are in a position to be dealing out judgement in law, then you should be at the level to understand reasonably complex documents. Stupid f'ing bint.

Now you’ve described your afternoon like that I am glad I didn’t come, as you say what a total waste of time and money, and not just for you.

Thinking about it even if the arresting officers turn up next time, (they didn’t have the technical knowledge to conduct the test in the first place) what’s to say the court will have anyone with any technical knowledge in the room to determine the correct outcome, therefore pushing it up another level.

I think I might sign up for jury service for the end of May, now that would be a laugh, anyone else interested?

Might put an advert up on piston heads, can you imagine a jury full of total petrol heads, not only would you have to restore the zort to its former glory you would also be made to up-rate it to at least 98Db and fit an F-off turbo with a really loud dump valve.

Only joking, I feel sorry for you m8, although things are now looking more in your favour, you’ve now got to take another day off work and it could also be a waste of time, it’s also sitting over your head for the next couple of months.

Smell ya later

N

In your defence, send the court this photo, now even my manhood looks small:

I think it just needs to be strapped to the space shuttles external tank to become the first Toyota in space, how cool is that?

Thinking about it I hope they have sorted out the windows, mine are crap especially when I jet wash them, they tend to leak a bit, so not so good in space, A Toyota feature I like to think.

Mine is black and leaks a bit, so not appropriate for space travel, but I wish this gentleman every luck with his project, I need to get back to my primary project; "the time machine", sorry I simply haven’t had the time to finish it.

Web Link: http://www.minkbaby....g-car-exhausts/

post-37372-0-15313600-1361400941_thumb.jpg

Edited by NinjaNeil

Lol That is an epic MR2, twin jet engines. There are vids of it on youtube on the salt flats in the USA.

There was a tri turbo jet Mk1 MR2 built over there as well.

That outcome really sucks Simon, they should have just binned the whole thing, total waste of time.

Yes, I agree Chris, As the prosecution had no case to answer to, it should have been thrown out, but as they want to take it further, they will have to look into how they are scamming all the motorists with sports exhausts, then realise that they've got it wrong and pay back all those FPN's

Thanks Alistair. I am glad that many of the CCUK community are taking time to read through this, Nice to know there is a BIG family out there and they all have a grasp of common sense unlike the Plod who should really know better.

The more enthusiasts get to know about some of these obscure rules which are thrown around with out consistency, the better.

If, and I mean If, this case goes my way, then there could be a lot of motorists out there who may well have paid a £30 FPN for no good reason and would need to be reimbursed some how. But we won't go down that road just yet.

All I can say is that it was looking promising but the proof will have to wait until May 29th.

Just read this through and wanted to say I admire you for taking on the establishment with their daft regulations, and the idiotic police who blindly enforce them. Good luck for May :thumbs:

Well put sir.

and i think the time off work plus expenses incurred would have to be seriously looked into if everything turns out as hoped.

• 1 month later...

The latest update on this

Got a letter through from the court today asking if I wanted the two Police officers to attend the court to give evidence?

Of course I do, :D I know that they dislike going to court for people who argue over £30 FPN's :P

Also been doing a little more digging on the legislation and have found some more figures that contradict their statement Road Vehicle construction & use act 1996, states that vehicle with over 75Kw output should be 86dB(A), not 82 as they quoted. Also reading through a copy of their statement I found a couple of errors, It may only be small errors, but it's a technicality. The have my car down as Green and have an incorrect letter in the Reg. No. of my car.

Here's looking forward to May 29th

TBF its a hard colour to put a generic term on, when push comes to shove I think green can be called a fair statment....but the incorect reg....well thats enough to have the case thrown out on its own as the test was obviousley not conducted on YOUR car at all :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.