GT, taken up the rear

samuaw

Gutted to read this Sam :( Saw it on on FB last night was like OMG!!

As sais, least your ok and no one was hurt, cars and metal can be replaced dude!

Hope its not a long drawn out battele to get it fixed :(

Sam won't have to claim well he will but it wont affect his insurance, it will be the other guy who has to claim as he went into Sam

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad thing is, Sam will have to tell his Insurance Co and it will be regarded as a claim/accident even though it's not his fault.

It shouldn't affect his NCB, though - same thing happened to my GF last year, she was rear-ended in her VW Polo by some woman driving a 4WD, totally wrote her Polo off. The insurance coughed-up and she bought a Vauxhall Astra. We have just renewed her insurance and her NCB was not affected by the TA.

Thanks guys...

Haven't spoken to insurances just yet, But will get on it later.

Annoyingly enough i once did an insurance jobbies a while back on another car.. no one claimed fault as it was a reversing story. thus it was either a 50/50 split or drop the claim... Had to drop the claims as the insurance premium on the renewal was higher than the repair price.

So i hope it won't be that.

In all fairness the person at fault was the car infront of me.. But as he isn't a factor anymore so.... It is the guy who hit me

But i think i'l tell the whole story to the insurers, and let them decide. i am 60% confident it will the blame of the guy behind me,

But as my previous claims have gone down.. No witness, both parties disputing... nothing gets resolved.

I am hoping the fact that i got rear ended will tip the scales too.

I am alright, no whiplash as such.. Thought my back is achy, But That could ALSO be from work yesterday where i was leaning down for 3 hours marking badly done maths.

Also, I dont think the valance will be paid out too, As I don't get monies for anything extra, Only standard equipment is paid out. Option extras Excluded

So I don't think I can fork out for the valance again, Real deal or Replica.. and thats a big oh noes :(

Pleased you are OK mate, but you are wrong, the person to blame isn't the person in front of you, it's the guy behind who hit you. he is 100% in the wrong, he couldn't stop when you did so he shouldn't have been so close! I just hope the insurance don't screw you cos of having a claim. all the best man.

Pleased you are OK mate, but you are wrong, the person to blame isn't the person in front of you, it's the guy behind who hit you. he is 100% in the wrong, he couldn't stop when you did so he shouldn't have been so close! I just hope the insurance don't screw you cos of having a claim. all the best man.

yep agree with above

its always going to be the person behinds fault, they was either following to close or not paying attention, the golf driver was obviously trying to make out it was the guy in front of you's fault which isnt the case, he had to do a emergency stop for what ever reason, therefore you had to, and you stopped fine, so you have to ask the question why couldnt the person behind you stop?

iv had someone drive in to the back of my car in the past, i was in stationary traffic and he was looking at his son and didnt see i had stopped and at the last second realised i wasnt moving, but it was too late, he couldnt stop in time, nothing to do with the cars in front of me, we was all paying attention, it was the guy who hit me that was at fault.

the way this will pan out (can almost guaranty it). The golf driver will agree he was involved in a rear end collision once you have informed your insurance and they get on to his, but he will say it wasnt his fault it was the person in front of you who stopped suddenly. his insurance will ask if the driver he hit (you) hit the car in front, to which he will say no, then his insurance will have no choice but to accept liability

The sad thing is, Sam will have to tell his Insurance Co and it will be regarded as a claim/accident even though it's not his fault.

Yup and thats where the bastards get you,penalised for asking them to do something for you which you pay them to do in the first place.Its a fucking racket,the whole damn industry. :blowup:

I digress....sorry about the shunt Sam,like all have said,traffic stops,you brake with no problem as you left a sensible gap between you and car in front in the event of such a situation.The golf driver did not,100% his fault,bang to rights ,the car in front of you is not at fault for braking,its the Golf that caused the collision because he didnt allow enough space for braking.Go get him tiger and get that car back tip top. ;)

PS dont let the insurance company fob you off with having it repaired at a garage THEY want you to go to,you are fully entitled to get a quote from a bodyshop of your choice in the event of a non-fault accident,whatever they tell you.Theyll want it done at a 'recommended' one because itll be cheap for them .Dont believe the bullshit.

Not really Dan,i was starting to go off on a tangent about the morals of insurance companies,(very unlike me i know)so i digressed...and went back to the point in hand. See me afterwards please. :lol:;):P

Edited by thesherv

Not really Dan,i was starting to go off on a tangent about the morals of insurance companies,(very unlike me i know)so i digressed...and went back to the point in hand. See me afterwards please. :lol:;):P

so you was contradicting yourself then as you disagree, but agree it was the golf driver fault :unsure::lol:

Gutted for you, but as other people have said, what would be the point in the guy in front sticking around. In the eyes of the insurance he isn't to blame - you didn't hit him, and they would say you were driving too close. Always the fault of the guy behind unfortunately

Admittedly, The Celica held up great, apart from bits bring ripped off.

If the GT spoiler broke along with the boot lid, I would have cried, as I am sure it would have been a write off as it costs a Grand from Toyota.

ALSO.. the golf hit my spare wheel well, which was rigid over plastic.

Remember, the Golf is a 5 star N cap rated car..

It protects the occupants, and not the car. Thus is all crushed and broke as a "cushion" and more time and distance to slow the car down to zero.

Called up insurance, Didn't point the blame finger myself as i just told them the story..., But they told me it would be the guy behind me.... Phew.

Got my guarantee hire car ready. Whatever that is going to be..

Got my Garage/Workshop all set up- Wonder who......

Engineer is coming to inspect the damage sometime round at this garage...

Clear the funds And get it all fixed and returned back to it's former glory..

Course that's the ideal situation, The worse situation is when the other guy does not admit defeat and disputes and then it isn't great.

My excess is £750- a bit high which i'll pay and get a claim on the record, I don't think the damage is more than that amount as well!

So hoping the claim goes well. Fingers crossed.

Really sorry to see/read this Samuaw

You genuinely cherish your Celica; it's a real shame, some (expletive deleted), has run into you

I drive 6 hours a day and all I'm doing is watching/avoiding/preventing potential accidents

We're all human, but some of the drivers on our roads have less braincells/common-sense/road-craft than an amoeba

Hopefully your insurance company is a good/honest/genuine one and your claim & repairs will be resolved/fixed quickly

Get that GT back on the road!

Good luck & keep us posted

Edited by Felfy

Insurance will sort it all out including the extra bits (assuming they are declared), The Golf drivers Ins Co will be the ones settling the final bill.

No point getting all wound up about the guy who drove off, in his eyes he's done nothing wrong.

Insurance will sort it all out including the extra bits (assuming they are declared), The Golf drivers Ins Co will be the ones settling the final bill.

No point getting all wound up about the guy who drove off, in his eyes he's done nothing wrong.

Indeed, the guy in front has done nothing wrong what so ever, that is waht you are supposed to leave enough room between each car to brake safely, you left the correct amount of space to the car in front, the Golf driver obviously didn't and that is why he hit you

Doesn't look like too much damage though, but it is still very annoying when you have an accident like this

Oh and Dan, Sherv said Digress, not Disagree tongue.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.