what have you done to your celica today...

Go to solution Solved by planc,

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fitted my new interior. Well happy Plus St205 rear brace and working electric aerial. Starting to really love my 6. Nearly all the suspension parts have now been ordered. ready for the f

And they're on! Left one has already been flattened, compounded and polished Wet sanded with 1200 then 2500. Dried off. DAS6 out. Meguiars Compound and blue hex pad (soft polish) Meguiars po

finished playing with the engine plastics, Not sure it it now looks a bit OTT.

Posted Images

Rejoined my exhaust to the backbox using halfords £5 repair kit. I need more money for my poor Celica :(

i did that (ok well i didnt, ken did)

it lasted about a week :(

but it got it through the mot ;)

ryan dont know what the earthing cable is like on a six but see if it has a a cable that goes down to the top of the gear box if it does check to make sure that bolt is tight i had the same sort of problem with mine thats why i got the earthing kit

ryan dont know what the earthing cable is like on a six but see if it has a a cable that goes down to the top of the gear box if it does check to make sure that bolt is tight i had the same sort of problem with mine thats why i got the earthing kit

Cheers Carla I'll have a looksie what I can see.

It's only since I disconnected the battery to reset the ECU whilst changing the airbag over it's done it and struggled to start since :(

Cheers Carla I'll have a looksie what I can see.

It's only since I disconnected the battery to reset the ECU whilst changing the airbag over it's done it and struggled to start since :(

yer you could have dislodged the main earthing point to the engine itself when you moved it and that can cause it to light up on the dash but the second you try turning the key its just goes dead other way to check it is if you have jump leads connect one from the earth terminal onthe battery to your block somewhere and see if it fires if it works then it will be the main earth cable to your block thats the problem

Cheers I'll pop down and have a look if it ever stops raining :(

I was only going to pop to the shop and I don't need the car urgently just yet so hopefully I'll get it fixed soon as :)

Thanks for your help again :)

put a coat on you big wuss, its only a bit of rain :lol:

I'm allergic to water LOL

Well went down to the car, I've checked the terminals / the earthing and all is fine it seems.

The battery didn't have enough grunt to trun over / fire so I hired some help in the form of a 1.0 Yaris and jump started it.

Left it running and then took it out for a run (about 15-20 miles).

When I got back I tried starting it and it fired up instantly so I'm guessing if it carries on then it's the battery, alternator or the starter motor?

Hooked the gen5's spare exhaust out from its hibernation and gave it a slosh down with some soapy water, the backbox showed a couple of shiny bits underneath all the crud so out came the wet n dry and some autosol and the writing reappeared :)

20121120_154215.jpg

dont know who did this though :D

20121120_154534.jpg

cheers guys, i bought it from Wickie a good while ago now when he had a misfire on ebay and bought a 5 exhaust instead of a 6, luckily he thought of me and its been pugged out the way til needed - sods law says if you dont you'll not find one when you do need one :huh:

as to how it'll sound, not a clue but that is a fair size pipe :o:lol:

guess i'll find out tomorrow , booked in at RSR Croydon in the morning :)

Collected mums new rear brake pads, but as it was raining could not fit them. So instead pulled out her centre console to fit the Spree LED kit that’s been sitting waiting for almost a year! :o All bulbs now swapped over but as its dark now I’ll have to reassemble the console in the morning.

When you have 2 6’s there really is ALWAYS another job :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.