what have you done to your celica today...

scott64

thought i would start a new thread on what members have done to their celica`s on any given day :D ....so i spent a couple of hours just washing and polishing my gen7 today :) detailed all in the boot and door gaps cleaned the inside and polished the dash, door cards and cleaned all the leather :rolleyes: sorry about the pics but they were taken on my mobile and its started to get dark now but you get the general idea ;)

20121118150433.jpg

/20121118150302.jpg

20121118150312.jpg

20121118150246.jpg

20121118150416.jpg

thats the start of this thread......so what have you done to your celica today

Edited by scott64

• 4 years later...

Just had the tracking done by fcm motorsport in Bristol. What a very experienced and professional company. The car feels and drives fantastic now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Fitted these today

They are utter shite.

Advertised as being a quality product... Well they are a shiny product, if that's what the U.S. definition of quality is.

Anyway, after cutting away massive lumps of molding flash so bulbs will fit in them, they are in. I now I am waiting on some amber bulbs to replace the reversing one and wire up some LED strips to use as reversing lights.

Run out of Bullet connectors... and daylight.

And, I am not sure if I don't prefer my tinted pre-face lift tail lights :brickwall:

Photos to be added tomorrow

Having had a SRI setup for a few years, thought I'd see about looking into reducing the heat soak and did this

It's the pipe from the original airbox, with a joiner extn that came with the SRI kit. Just sits a few inches above the plastic under tray. Now whether it's even worthwhile or not is open to suggestion, but I thought I'd just give it a go.

edit. Thinking about it, I reckon the bottom of the pipe will need an angle so it's pointing towards the front of the car. I have a spare SRI tube that I can cut to size for the very job.

pipe.jpg

pipea.jpg

Edited by iqofafish
info update

2 minutes ago, G.Lewarne said:

Replaced both rear trailing arms, hub carriers, suspension bolts, ARB + brackets just to fix one snapped and one seized toe bolt. fun fun fun!

Your car is beginning to remind me of Triggers brush from Fools & Horses Gavin!

• Like 2

On 12/05/2017 at 16:06, iqofafish said:

Removed the SRI and decided to give the de-butterfly stock airbox a go for a few days, just because I've never done it more than anything.

Noticed any difference?

I wanted to go the SRI route just for appearance but the one I mistakenly bought had very vague (and according to sources here and other places,  partially incorrect) instructions. Still looking at the Injen one.

Added the new shiny bits I got off ebay.

Lots of little bits of neo chrome because... well... reasons. And Tacky is my middle name :D

IMG_0197.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Freeman558 said:

Noticed any difference?

I wanted to go the SRI route just for appearance but the one I mistakenly bought had very vague (and according to sources here and other places,  partially incorrect) instructions. Still looking at the Injen one.

I bought my SRI purely for noise, knew there'd be a slight drop in performance but the noise balanced that see-saw out for me.

Have I noticed a difference? Well i've now changed the mods on my insurance to say the SRI's gone and I'm back to the OEM box with the butterfly removed and a K&N panel filter. I just found that set up was best of both worlds. I also tried putting the butterfly back, but I found that not as responsive and I missed the noise. I'm a 48 year old kid :).

I also found lift to be slightly better with the butterfly removed too

3 minutes ago, celica1977 said:

need to change your battery stay :)

Yeah I bought one the wrong size if you recall. Probably pick one up at castle coombe then fit the lotus cover, pop in the rivets and collars I have had for 2 years. Can't rush these things Baz! :lol:

34 minutes ago, daytona said:

Yeah I bought one the wrong size if you recall. Probably pick one up at castle coombe then fit the lotus cover, pop in the rivets and collars I have had for 2 years. Can't rush these things Baz! :lol:

haha well you know me mate , im the most patient guys on the planet lol but i can remember :)

8 hours ago, iqofafish said:

I bought my SRI purely for noise, knew there'd be a slight drop in performance but the noise balanced that see-saw out for me.

Have I noticed a difference? Well i've now changed the mods on my insurance to say the SRI's gone and I'm back to the OEM box with the butterfly removed and a K&N panel filter. I just found that set up was best of both worlds. I also tried putting the butterfly back, but I found that not as responsive and I missed the noise. I'm a 48 year old kid :).

I also found lift to be slightly better with the butterfly removed too

De-Butterfly and Panel Filter was about the first thing I did with my car, didn't notice much of a change in noise with the stock exhaust, if I am honest.
Did the SRI have much effect on your insurance?
I'm holding off doing anything else that might affect my insurance as I am expecting a nasty speeding ticket any day now after a triggering a camera last Thursday :(

Way nicer paint job on those plastics than mine. I'm looking at trying a cracked effect on my other (decent) set.. Which is likely going to leave me contacting AMS to get another, yet, set after I ruin them [emoji4]

If you would rather a carbon fibre (not dipped weave) L piece I will have mine up for grabs shortly, will need a some cleaning etc though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way nicer paint job on those plastics than mine. I'm looking at trying a cracked effect on my other (decent) set.. Which is likely going to leave me contacting AMS to get another, yet, set after I ruin them [emoji4]

If you would rather a carbon fibre (not dipped weave) L piece I will have mine up for grabs shortly, will need a some cleaning etc though

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:59, daytona said:

Your car is beginning to remind me of Triggers brush from Fools & Horses Gavin!

Well, stage 1 is nearly complete!

She may not be the prettiest, most powerful, sexiest Celica, but she sure is

1) Completely Rust free

2) Completely New / Rebuilt Suspension and Steering - every component

3) Completely new brakes

4) Fully aligned

5) Totally safe and amazing

:D

Stage 2 - all the bodywork dings and scratches comes after :)

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.