Post your CELICA pic of the day:ONE PIC PER PERSON PER DAY PLEASE!

The colour of Kev's car still strangely fascinates me after all these years . :think: B)

It's not  just simply white,but it sort of is.And its not typical of the creamy off whites Toyota used.Sometimes it looks like its got the faintest hint of a spearmint kind of hue about it,but it sort of hasn't.And it always looks kind of different in almost every pic I see of it,and when I've seen it in different lights up close.But its not a pearl either so it shouldn't technically refract light particularly either.My brain can't seem to figure out what my eyes tell me should be a straightforward evaluation. I'm going to lie down and think about it.

Edited by Sherv
  • Haha 4

On 16/05/2023 at 18:07, Sherv said:

The colour of Kev's car still strangely fascinates me after all these years . :think: B)

It's not  just simply white,but it sort of is.

I think its bit confusing as it is 3 different shades of white ! haha

Car was originally white.

In 1996 , 4 years before i bought it, it had some resto work and a full respray in an unknown white with a hint of green

In the history file i got with the car there is lots of photographs of the work and the invoice/receipt from the place that done the work

Since in my ownership  it has had new arches (rear quarter resprayed below pinstripe) doors, wings and bonnet , and the colour match is not quite right

The only bits still in the white with hint of green are the roof, tailgate and rear quarter above pinstripe

So overall it probably doesnt look quite so white with a hint of green as it once did !

You'll get bored of this soon,but hey that's all your own fault for not taking enough pics of your own cars! :P Get on it!!

GT4Play open day today.Amazing weather!

FcgtChl.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.