And this is why I have no faith in humanity.......

Arus

Don't answer that - she only wants your roof spoiler :D

busted :D

I'm in Chessington, and no touching the spoiler :D

Mine's off the road too but when it's back am not far down the a3 near Godalming, will also be looking at cameras for the collection on the drive.

that sucks, sorry for you :( mine was broken into a couple of years back, was totally gutted, and the thought of some scummer looting through it made me feel sick - watched robocop 2 the other day, now THEY had a good car defense system!

• Like 1

i woodnt count on the cops either, they are useless unless they see it happening themselves :(

my daughter had her Flickr scooter stole from the front garden, bit of asking around and it was one of the local toe-rags. Well anyways, 2 of his mates and a neighbour gave statements to say they had seen him. Cops passed it on to the pps(public procecution service)who then decided there was not enough evidence???

took me a while to catch up with him and now he will have bother using his hands for a long time :)

• Like 1

The cps now require a 90% probability of a conviction, before they will launch a prosecution - to***rs. When my celica supra was totalled by a lorry on the m/way - ran me into the central armco - then failed to stop, I provided a photo of the lorry making good his escape, the full reg no, the company logo on the side curtains, did they prosecute ? Not at first, I had to start private proceedings against the company - that managed to shock them into action. One thing's for sure, things aint what they used to be, and getting worse by the day.

All good now!

post-30945-0-91460300-1446644162_thumb.jpg

When the police came over, I explained that I had no expectations of them finding them.

In this case there was no theft, no motive, just a complete assnugget!

Working out a camera solution.

If anyone wants a quick cheap solution, a FOSCAM camera twinned with a PC running 'iSpy' seems like a good choice.

The FOSCAM camera is IP and has built in motion detection and sends an email/SMS when something is spotted. It also allows remote access from browser/phone.

iSpy allows connection to IP cameras to enable a form of continuous recording as well as other features (and its free).

I take it scratch free aswell ?

Yea pretty much. I spotted 1 small scuff, but otherwise nice and clean! Still had the fittings attached so made it a little easier.

Took the guy almost 2 hours to fit it. He said it was the longest its ever taken him!

To be fair, what I have learned from owning this car is that nothing is simple. Not even changing the damn spark plugs!

AMEN to that buddy, pain in the arse these cars but thats why i love them so much :blink:

AMEN to that buddy, pain in the arse these cars but thats why i love them so much :blink:

Well, even if I knew this beforehand, it wouldn't have stopped me! This has been my dream car since I saw it in WRC as a kid whilst channel hopping. Screw Ferrari!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Edited by Arus
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a wireless camera high up on the side of the house :)http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/netgear-arlo-single-hd-security-camera-kit-100-wireless-indooroutdoor-a41th?gclid=CjwKEAiAp_WyBRD37bGB_ZO9qAYSJAA72IkgtL404u8-3me56O-9MCponKRfG3KFep325CG6fI6PzRoCvDvw_wcB I kow its a little too late but we got this for pease of mind when we went away as it motion detects and then send you a notification on your phone. You can also watch live from your phone and watch recordings it makes and allsorts. Seriously worth getting in my eyes :)

When I used to live in Middlesbrough about 10 years ago, I had a Calibra. Car was always parked just outside the front door and I can't even begin to calculate how many windows I had to replace in that car during the time I lived there!! :(

Some people (scumbags) will damage something for no other reason than because it's nice and it's not theirs... hateful little scrotes...!!

I feel for you man, they don't need there fingers cut off they need you to have ten mins with them, the passion of a Celica owner is always more powerful.

I had someone try and steal my Celica last year when I was getting into it, broke my hand and only hit him once, he didn't get back up though sadly ;-) and he didn't manage to hit me once.

Got to love the lagoon blue at night when clean reflects well.

I need to give advice to ALL of YOU on cameras if you have cameras on your property ensure that they do not show any public spaces when recording or the footage can be classed as non credible due to being illegal. My advice is if you have a long drive make sure you cover no more than your drive with your cameras field of view.

If like me your drive way is quite short, I advise using something weatherproof like electrical tape and cutting it so that it covers public areas shown on your camera cheap alternative to doing it using software.

If you have any questions please do feel free to contact me and I will help how I can.

Alternatively if you have Police Community Support Officers they can normally get someone to check your system is legal for you, as it assists them in reducing crime in the area.

Before any remarks I am not a criminal I work on the right side of the law ;-)

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.