Celica delivered last night - struggles to pull off - advice please

Hi Guys,

My gen 6 GT i bought on ebay was delivered by the recovery truck last night, fist thing i notice is the ABS light is on and the discs are rusty as its been sitting over winter maybe longer. it really struggles to pull off or drive at all so at first i thought the clutch was gone

now i am thinking its the rust on the discs but i took it up the road and did not think i would make it back, also a smell of burning

someone said i could be surface rust on the clutch and just need freeing up, same with the hand brake ?

i cant really drive it about as of no MOT or tax & insurance at the moment

also would the rust cause ABS light to be on

sticking calipers or handbrake is my first thought

these dont like being left parked with the handbrake on for any length of time

abs light on could be faulty sensor or number of things and could possibly be the reason the car was sat around after failing an mot

try checking for fault codes and that could show up which sensor is faulty, might even just have got dirt in it

Edited by arizona

i got that far on 2 wheels and they spun freely so will check the other side when i get it back out the garage next week

is the clutch adjustable?

i have just found out the car has been sat for at least 5 years so is it possible the clutch could have surface rust on like the brakes as these are bad

DSC_0044.jpg

i am going through this at the mo with my gen6. took it of the road for winter, left the handbrake of and the handbrake shoes still managed to seize. does sound like a sticky calliper or handbrake. im in the middle of doing a simple disc and pad change which has taken me 4 days now!! turns out i now need a new calliper (or at least one that is working properly) which thankfuly AMS has hooked me up with as one of the pistons is complely stuck open.

a good strip down and clean out along with new discs and pads defo wouldnt go a miss.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.