Falling out of love with the Celica

DannyScene

Can understand how ya feel, fella....particularly given the recent history.!

Hope you manage to rekindle some liking for it.

I think we all have peaks and troughs with our cars..and not always for obvious reasons.

I like trying different/having cars (if I could afford it I'd have at least 3 or 4) ..so although I'm really enjoying my Celica right now..and it is a great car.....I make no bones about the fact that at sometime in the future it might well be "gone" and changed for something else.! :rolleyes:

Neil

as has been said peaks & troughs so stick with it :) after spending 3.5k have work done to my RX7 only to find that on the drive home it was virtually undriveable due to a bad Map(not my fault),wrong turbo (my fault) & a clutch like a switch i could have happily driven it straight into a skip had there been one available with a ramp,i even hated the seats by the time i had got home & only drove her 3 times in 3weeks.

But after changing the clutch back to OEM & a little tinkering map wise she became easier to live with & so spent the time & effort to get her right & now love it everytime i get in her :)

Problem is my cars value is only lets say £800, my excess of £500 would have to cone out of that and that would leave only £300 towards another car

I have no savings and live life from pay check to pay check

Hell i had to borrow the full 1k just to buy this in the forst place

lmfao Mrs r :) and Askari, yea get some decent nivea cream for the crows feet. Pmsl ;)

how about the next time you get sick of your missus and need to buy her clothes try something from Ann summers, may as well real the benefits ;)

You have no idea what you've just done SKINY ! I was reading your reply out to my daughter (adult of course!) and she choked on her drink laughing, seriously! Was just about to do the Heimlich manouver....

DannyScene - you'll love the car again when it's been prettied up, then you'll feel so much better. It gets you down when stuff hangs over you.

Stick with it mate, in my first T Sport I had a very similar prang - new wing, new bumper and headlight was required. The car sat in the drive for around a month until I sourced the parts and once it was all repaired, instantly feel back in love with it, It was only when I got a "soccer" scholarship in the states I gave up my first Celica.

After coming back to the UK and driving a host of different cars, Astra SRI, BMW 320D, BMW 318i and a Clio.....I took the plunge and found myself a Storm Blue T Sport that I just couldn't resist.

Not only that, this site is by far thee best community I have ever known, and if something happens with your car, you know someone here will be able to help you (AMS in particular for you).

A said, give it time, slowly build on it, do your brake upgrade (I plan to do the big brake conversion) maybe add some skirts, GT lip if you have a new facelift bumper and you will no doubt find your love again ! Although when I got mine repaired, I went for a pre facelift bumper and dynamic lip - I preferred this look as it was a little different from the rest.

PS your line about buying the mrs new clothes when you get bored of her made my day!

Edited by Jamie_B

You have no idea what you've just done SKINY ! I was reading your reply out to my daughter (adult of course!) and she choked on her drink laughing, seriously! Was just about to do the Heimlich manouver....

DannyScene - you'll love the car again when it's been prettied up, then you'll feel so much better. It gets you down when stuff hangs over you.

lmfao, i take no responsibility for laptops or other devices that get soaked whilst reading my posts :)

Danny, how bad is the inner wing? Have you it striped down yet. I wood thing there wood be a slight kink near the light end, best thing for that if so is a decent foot long bit of 2x4 wood and a block hammer ;)

lmfao, i take no responsibility for laptops or other devices that get soaked whilst reading my posts :)

Danny, how bad is the inner wing? Have you it striped down yet. I wood thing there wood be a slight kink near the light end, best thing for that if so is a decent foot long bit of 2x4 wood and a block hammer ;)

My mechanic did some bending of the inner wing briefly when he 'tidied it up' a bit after the crash, he used a hammer some bits of a wood and a reverse claw type tool to push the metal out

Once I have the replacement wing he will completely straighten the inner wing matching the lines

I'm in a slightly more positive mood towards the celica today

I'm viewing this as a rising from the ashes type affair now with the celica coming back stronger than before

At least now it gives me the boot up the arse to get the TRD lip fitted, I'm also going to buy some more plastidip, going to do my roof and probably side skirts, not to mention respraying the wheel that took the direct hit

Good to hear you have some feeling coming back for the celica.

Wheels are really not a problem to refurb yourself mate i bought a set like this.

OZRoulette_zps8a9044f7.jpg

Refub them myself and this is how they look.

Photo1387_zpsf20b7c53.jpg

Also gives you a lot of satisfaction ,of doing it yourself.

• Like 1

Good to hear you have some feeling coming back for the celica.

Wheels are really not a problem to refurb yourself mate i bought a set like this.

OZRoulette_zps8a9044f7.jpg

Refub them myself and this is how they look.

Photo1387_zpsf20b7c53.jpg

Also gives you a lot of satisfaction ,of doing it yourself.

Thats an immense turn around

Was that your first time refurbing how long did it take you if you dont mind me asking

a couple of hours cleaning and sanding, a couple of hours mending kerbing, took them down to the wheel shop, they sprayed a couple of coats. I didnt like it so went over the top with some rattle cans, another couple of hours. Job done. :)

Edited by daytona

I did mine too, one weekend. I did use a spray gun on mine but it is so much more hassle! I'd recommend just using rattle cans as you don't even notice the difference too much.

you just need a spare set of wheels or axle stands obviously if you plan on doing all 4 at once.

if using rattlers get one of these................ http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_kw=Plasti-Kote+Can+Gun+With+Trigger+Paint+Plastikote&_id=350836408404

was recommended by a member, maybe Cravo, maybe not! But good call anyway much easier on index finger for extended periods and MUCH better control of amount of spray power.

In total it took about a week start to finish i used a spray gun on these. Have done others with rattle cans which don't take any longer.

I have done 5 sets in all now with these i have just done for my gen 7.

Photo1878_zpsbe3942f9.jpg

Rattle cans on these

• Like 1

nice work guys!

I was quoted £160 for full refurb of all 5 alloys (inc fullsize spare) and spraying in black

I might just do them myself, all the black parts on my car were done with rattle cans in the space of a day so I'm quite comfortable with spraying

My wheels cost £300 for all 5 to be refurbed, £160 sounds like a bargain! Although if you're confident enough, doing them yourself would obviously be cheaper still.

Slightly off topic, was it you that I went past the other night Danny? Monday night at about 8pm it would of been on the m1. It was definitely a silver celica with some damage to the front drivers side and the TTE spoiler on the back :think:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.