Rusty disc prevention

As most of you are aware , my faff is parked up this year having a bit of a re faff , it's been about 5 months off the road now and the discs are rusty as feck , now most likely hopefully this time next year she should be back on the road and most likey sporting new discs but what can I do to prevent this when I park up in the winter months , I have no garage , and I can't see my halfords car cover stopping anything other than bird shit on the body

As most of you are aware , my faff is parked up this year having a bit of a re faff , it's been about 5 months off the road now and the discs are rusty as feck , now most likely hopefully this time next year she should be back on the road and most likey sporting new discs but what can I do to prevent this when I park up in the winter months , I have no garage , and I can't see my halfords car cover stopping anything other than bird shit on the body

don't know about the disks , but be carful with those Halfords car covers.

A mate of mine used one last winter and one frosty morning he pull it off and peeled all the lacquer off his car :blink: .

the sheet had bonded to the lacquer with the frost .

I was going to use one until he told me this :D:D

Don't think you can stop it, bar covering the discs with some corrosion inhibitor. Perhaps like vaseline. But that won't do them any favours if you want to reuse them at any point.

As mentioned, just driving a small distance will clear any rust.

My suggestion would be to paint them. Contact surfaces included.

Give them a couple of coats of hammerite then when you come to use the car again, either scrape off the contact area, or just take the car for a good blast to clean the surface up.

As long as they're nice and clean to start with, with no chunks of rust that you're painting over, they shouldn't rust.

Edited by FreakyParts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.