being a bit naughty

Quick question what bhp is a gen 7 gt as may have had a play with one on my way home in my gen 6 gt and kept up with it till I hit my speed limiter and was pleaently suprised as I thought these where 190 which should mean faster than my 173 if that's what the old girl still has.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kept with it until its hair dryers kicked in :lol:

So it was faster :unsure: At the point you changed up he was hitting and the extra BHP. What you seem to be saying is if he hadn't kept on accelerating you could have kept up :blink:

I think the g7 is heavier than the g6 as we have more on it as standard airbags power steering aircon nicer interior :P

As said before must of been a 140 as no 190 owner would ever bother wasting there time on a 6 unless its a gt4 lol

I could of kept up easily but my gen 6 will only do 120 mph then thats it ones the speedo touches that it cuts fuel and wont accelerate till it drops to 115. And at that spped my rev counter is only just starting to touch 5k so ive got another 5200 revs to go my uk spec hit 156mph and that's it ny import will only do 120mph.

And from my experience a 190 is the only gen 7 worth raciny as a 140 is fieste sports as in the zetec s 1.6 group for speed.

And from my experience a 190 is the only gen 7 worth raciny as a 140 is fieste sports as in the zetec s 1.6 group for speed.

Tbh there's only a second and a half between the 140 and a 190, it's hardly like there's some monumental chasm of a 0-60 difference....

http://www.zeperfs.c...tch369-1303.htm

and heres the weight difference :

gt 6 -1220kgs

gen7 vvtli 1595kgs

375kgs more in the seven .....

Wow, i always figured the Gen7 to be a shedload lighter than that. :o

Edit - from what i can find the Gen7 is 1,100kg for a 140 and 1,248kg for a 190/TS . . . . . .

Edited by keef-b

I just used the power to weight ratio on the battle link you posted and Wikipedia ;)

1185kg is the weight of the car in your link - 1585kg is the maximum permissible weight the car can carry :doh: lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.