Norfolk Police and exhaust noise

SVA cars (imports) are alowed to be 99dB. Had my car been a JDM car rather than a UK spec car, I wouldn't be having this conversation. Bloody stupid if you ask me

One point that made my self and my boss chuckle (our dept does noise surveys) is in the requirement for a clear area within 3m it includes people. Adding a tripod/stand to the kit that the police will have to carry around to monitor to ISO standards.

Ah, that's a point. When the test was done, I sat in the car operating the throttle with the passenger door open while Mr. Plod was crouched down next to the car within the 3m zone. Also their patrol car was parked next to me probably within that zone too, but I couldn't be 100% on the distance measurement. It certainly was within, I would say 2 car door lengths away.

So a JDM car and a UK car,essentially the same vehicle both have a custom exhaust identical to each other,the JDM car revs up and drives off,and the bloke in the UK car gets nicked.Same noise level,different outcome.Pathetic.Either too loud or its not.

your just pissed as you sold your jdm to me and you are left with a noisy uk car :D

mind you , if i get pulled it most likey to be

'you cant do me , you cant do me , i have a jdm so feck off'

'thats fine sir , here is £30 for your illegal number plates instead :lol: '

So a JDM car and a UK car,essentially the same vehicle both have a custom exhaust identical to each other,the JDM car revs up and drives off,and the bloke in the UK car gets nicked.Same noise level,different outcome.Pathetic.Either too loud or its not.

Don't you just hate loud exhausts DERREN .. :lol:

your just pissed as you sold your jdm to me and you are left with a noisy uk car :D

mind you , if i get pulled it most likey to be

'you cant do me , you cant do me , i have a jdm so feck off'

'thats fine sir , here is £30 for your illegal number plates instead :lol: '

£60 FOR an illegal number plate i know as i got done 3 weeks ago. :angry: :angry: :angry:

The local plod would have had a field day over the weekend if they would have been bothered to come 3 miles further down the road from where I was stopped.

Modified Live at Snetterton, or as some friends called it "Chav fest", but they were noticable by their absence, Thankfully.

The local plod would have had a field day over the weekend if they would have been bothered to come 3 miles further down the road from where I was stopped.

Modified Live at Snetterton, or as some friends called it "Chav fest", but they were noticable by their absence, Thankfully.

But it was raining ;)

Latest update on this matter.

Received a letter today from Norfolk Plod. They say that they talked to the officer who conducted the test and it was done correctly so the fine stands.

I now have 10 days to either pay up or go to court.

I am F**kin' fuming now. just because they did the test correctly they feel it right to impose the fine. They are not looking into the fact that their paperwork contradicts the ISO standard they quote.

I feel a court hearing coming up.

Any advice ?

Why are they not looking into that fact?

Take as much info as poss and have your day in court

I've done this in the past, not with same issue but after standing up in court with my defence, the judge dismissed the case - that was a dvla case

The fact that they tested the exhaust noise 1500rpm higher than the ISO spec says is apparently irrelevant. The Police Officer tested it correctly to what he was advised to do is their way of saying " We are the law and no matter what you say or do we are right" just sums up the whole Policing state on rhe war on the motorist.

Like I said before, the Police are supposed to uphold and enforce the law, not make it up or do what they want as they go along. British police, unlike most forces around the world are here for the protection of the people, not the State. Seems some could do with reminding of that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.