Norfolk Police and exhaust noise

Thanks Digs. Well, if you know you are in the right you have to put the homework in. It certainly opened my eyes to vehicle regs and what is and isn't allowed in legal terms and also how the Police and media can pull the wool over 'Mr Average's' eyes.

Just talked to the courts about what an Absolute discharge means. Their answer means No further action. No criminal record. No need to tell insurance company as there was no case for the prosecution ti answer.

So the Monkey is free with nothing hanging over his head. :-)

At the risk of being a bit of miserable git, I am pretty sure that an absolute discharge leaves you with a criminal record, at least that's what two government websites I looked at said (CPS and Sentencing Council)

At the risk of being a bit of miserable git, I am pretty sure that an absolute discharge leaves you with a criminal record, at least that's what two government websites I looked at said (CPS and Sentencing Council)

For this, the offence is non-recordable criminal offence so there will be no criminal record. (deemed not to be a conviction for any purpose other than the purposes of the proceedings in which the order is made and of any subsequent proceedings which may be taken against the offender )

Bill is very familiar with discharges.

:unsure:

It's the effect

I seem to have on Dutch men

For this, the offence is non-recordable criminal offence so there will be no criminal record. (deemed not to be a conviction for any purpose other than the purposes of the proceedings in which the order is made and of any subsequent proceedings which may be taken against the offender )

They can use it against you if you do anything ever again?

I think it may only relevant to the case in question. But the way the authorities can manipulate information to their gains as they did in this case and which i have seen recently in a different case, but not involving me thankfully .... who knows.

• 1 month later...

Had my run in with the Norfolk Police this weekend!

Was driving to Chris and Clares this weekend and there was an accident on the A47. I asked the Police at the accident how to get around the accident as Im not from the area and theyre comment was "Sorry I cant hear you over you illegal exhaust" I ignored them comment and asked him again and drove off without mentioning my exhaust. Didnt want to get into an argument over it.

After reading this thread I was abit nervous driving my car to Norfolk due to how loud it is lol. Lets just say on the way home I made a run for the border and avioded any police haha.

Was driving to Chris and Clares this weekend and there was an accident on the A47. I asked the Police at the accident how to get around the accident as Im not from the area and theyre comment was "Sorry I cant hear you over you illegal exhaust" I ignored them comment and asked him again and drove off without mentioning my exhaust. Didnt want to get into an argument over it.

After reading this thread I was abit nervous driving my car to Norfolk due to how loud it is lol. Lets just say on the way home I made a run for the border and avioded any police haha.

What the !@@!? was on the Jag at Johnnys?

Was it the new Jag?

If so probably the sports exhaust they come with, with a sports button to open it up too :D

Yeah, on the treadmill working off the weekends excesses!!!!

They would do you for that in Norfolk, apparently.....If they could catch you. mmmmm Nice!

Seems like they really do have a bee in their bonnet over exhausts on anything remotely sporty looking........hope the Norfolk disease doesn't spread to any other county!

Well last weekend I got pulled by the cops for 75 in a 50 but only for a second he said....he didn't say a word about my loud exhaust but did say 'are those back lights legal?' to which I replied yes they hav passed an mot..which is true then he asked are they standard from the factory to which I boldly replied yes they are :-D and he told me to slow down and off u go...that was greater Manchester police and he was in an unmarked bmw so u was trying to be quiet :-/

I not u...

Just found this thread.... WTF this is crazy!!

I can kinda understand their does need to be a limit as to how loud an exhaust should go, as some of these straight through pipes with no cat, silencers or back box are too loud imo.

But for norfolk police to regulate and FINE people based on a law that is not upheld nation wide and is not tested according to regulations is disgusting! Especially when they pull over monkey because his exhausts LOOK loud.... the pic he put up couldnt look further from loud! If they want to clamp down on loud exhausts its simple, pull over loud cars not cars that look loud and most of all if they want to uphold the law they should ensure they lead by example and use the correct tests.

I was relating this story to my mechanic and he told me that mot stations will have to start testing DB levels on exhausts in the next year or two and it will be a failure if its too loud.

I dont know anything other than that, i will if i can be bothered google this but doubt if i will find anything other than gossip if its not coming in for a year or so.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.