Tried an oil change today...

Ah i have the multi sided ones - ill get some decent ones.

Ill get a breaker bar as well :)

Oh and i lifted mine on the metal behind the tow hook... thats ok right?

Eeer, looking at my pics on page one, not sure where you mean, just behind the towing hook i had my axel stand on is the plastics for the wheel arch!! if you mean the solid lump of metal running front to back supporting the engine, then yes, that fine to jack up on. that or i use the sills, as i cant reach the chassis rails due to it being so damn low!! haha.

I'm not sure what the recommended torque is for the plug, but the aluminium washers supplied are annealed, i.e. metallurgically soft (that's why they are always made of aluminium, or copper on some makes) and so you get best sealing if you pinch them so that they are compressing (and conform to any scratches/distortion on the sealing face), but should not be flattened to buggery, by which time they have become hard.

If that's done, using a new washer each time, they might not need a breaker bar to tighten or loosen them...even if you are a lady with a Gen6 :) Bet it is not difficult to damage the sump drain port threads!

I'm not sure what the recommended torque is for the plug, but the aluminium washers supplied are annealed, i.e. metallurgically soft (that's why they are always made of aluminium, or copper on some makes) and so you get best sealing if you pinch them so that they are compressing (and conform to any scratches/distortion on the sealing face), but should not be flattened to buggery, by which time they have become hard.

If that's done, using a new washer each time, they might not need a breaker bar to tighten or loosen them...even if you are a lady with a Gen6 :) Bet it is not difficult to damage the sump drain port threads!

I agree with you regards the breaker bar, i only use it to crack the nut if its to tight (being a feeble lady lol), i only ever nip the drain plug back up with a standard ratchet. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,sump plug washer? Try ebay item 220786436834 99p + free p+p

Cheers..just ordered one :)

Finally arrived after all this time :rolleyes:

But at least they included two Toyota Pens in the hope I leave positive feedback :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.