What do you NOT like about your Celica?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do wish it was a bit less noisy inside, I've sorted most rattles out, they're easy...nothing a bit of patience and gaffer tape won't sort..most rattles are from under the rear bench anyway (loose coins/metal bits) and in the boot it's the wires behind the plastics (hence the gaffer tape) up front it's usually behind the doorcards that the strip comes loose (gaffer tape hello again) and the dash rattles are usually the wires for the stereo (velcro cable ties are your mates here)

Mine went from a HORRIFICALLY noisy interior to one I can deal with easily now

I also with things like the bumper were easier to remove, but that's me being lazy haha

For me, nothing, but if i really had to pick something, it would have to be the high boot threshold on the Gen 5, makes putting heavy things in it rather awkward, but that's about it really

I'd say for my needs, and as an everyday car, mine is pretty perfect, but i do choose my mods wisely (like no coilovers or stupidly large wheels to ruin daily drivability)

Rattles are the main issue I have with the Gen 7; though it'd help if my doors would stay open when I'm getting out. Nothing like getting home from work with a load of files to carry in when the door won't stay open :lol: The door mirrors dripping water is a pain as well, makes getting a good clean a pain when you have water lines from the mirrors.

The only thing I currently do not like about my Celica is the fact that it's sitting out the back with no MOT............ I think that by the time I get her going, most of the potentially 'rattly' bits will probably have been renewed and I wont care if its noisy anyway, isn't that why big exhausts and loud hifi's were invented!...

Noise! Rattly interior (even after doing some of felfy's tips), a rattle under engine (exhaust or under engine plastics I think).

Road noise.

Flakey T-Sport alloy wheels.

The rear wiper fluid often leaves a trail mark.

Rattles are the main issue I have with the Gen 7; though it'd help if my doors would stay open when I'm getting out. Nothing like getting home from work with a load of files to carry in when the door won't stay open :lol: The door mirrors dripping water is a pain as well, makes getting a good clean a pain when you have water lines from the mirrors.

Yeah I noticed that as well. The door has to be open at a certain point for it to stay open, which isn't ideal when the doors are quite big and you've parked next to someone. It's either half open to stay open or fully open, those are the two options lol.

The rear wiper "spray" or fluid is just the most useless thing ever as well. It just dribbles out.

Hmmm, i can live with the little rattles and noises, i think it adds character, and my exhaust and engine noise is what i mainly listen too!! Love it.

Its a drain on my account, but thats a pleasure spending on it so that doesnt bother me really eaither. Hmm this is a tough one, i really really love my car!! HAHA

Well one thing, my cvarpet is thread bare under my drivers side mat. so need a new carpet!! Thats it. everything else is awesomness celicaring!!

Hmmm, i can live with the little rattles and noises, i think it adds character, and my exhaust and engine noise is what i mainly listen too!! Love it.

Its a drain on my account, but thats a pleasure spending on it so that doesnt bother me really eaither. Hmm this is a tough one, i really really love my car!! HAHA

Well one thing, my cvarpet is thread bare under my drivers side mat. so need a new carpet!! Thats it. everything else is awesomness celicaring!!

Pity you didnt mention it when I went for Edds GT interior the guy was going to get the carpet out for me then & I said I didnt think Edd would want it (more £££ for posting an unwanted item too) & it was in a low milage Gt

still got the guys number somewhere

Im not too fussed, when i fit the 2JZ-GTE, ill be making a custom transmition tunnel so will be ripping it all out and doing a custom job, full dynomat soundproofing, then im thinking some plush red carpet with black matts. B)

Edited by splinter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.