How much do you spend on your celica

Basically just after a bit of a read here, so aside from the general running costs how much do you spend on modding your celica per month? And do you have a maximum that you want to spend on your car overall or will you just keep spending till you either get bored or run out of money? :lol:

I usually range from £50-£120 per month ( or I'll save that amount for a couple of months to buy something more pricey ).

As a maximum, I'd probably say £2500-£3000 for general cosmetic and performance mods, but obviously if I ever decide to supercharge it will jump to a total of around £7000 :o:lol:

I couldn't put an accurate figure on it, sometimes nothing, sometimes a few hundred a month, depends on what I want/need/see lol.

I've no set price figure for what I want to spend on the car, I know currently its around 2-3k I've probably spent.

Edited by lta

My car gets things from the scrappy to keep it happy. :)

I only really go for standard option items, such as the JDM high level "Prelude" logo brake light at the top of the rear windscreen, front fogs with OEM switches, changes of centre console (there are 3 or 4 for my car, all of which are cluttering up my garage now) and rear seat divider, rear seat-back subwoofer, black rather than chrome headlights, clear indicators, smoked rears, swapping out the interior and so on. Only an electric front seat to find and I'll have just about everything in there.

As far as actual modifications, I put an aluminium air tube in, and a cone filter, and silicone hoses. I painted the rocker cover, and made sure I had a stainless exhaust and some nice alloys on.

Recently, apart from getting it resprayed while it was in getting fixed after the crash (£300 for the lot), I've sprayed my H badges black (using an old tin of Toyota 202 I had in the garage) and added a black vinyl "Prelude" logo where the badge on the back used to be. That cost me nothing. :)

So I'm pretty much sorted. The less money my car takes out of me the better. :lol:

Angus

> £10K just, like Mick this exludes cost of car. In fact mods have totally gone over my original purchase price of the car!!

Mad? Certifiable!!

Worth it? Apart from current issues, hell yeah! :laugh2:

More money than sense? meh! celica do or die ;)

A bit of a tough one to say per month but I am restoring and modding the GT4 and a quick calculation off the top of my head, my engine rebuild alone is costing me around £800 so far and that’s with finding deals online.

As for the rest of the car that also is going to get the same sort of treatment so trying not to think to much about cost. Dorris

Too much to think of!! My old MR2 had 21 grand spent on it. This Celica was bought for under 7k and I have spent probably 4k on it so far. But huge plans for her which will run me to 15 to 20k but she will be awesome and one of a kind, so he'll yeah it's worth it!!

2jz-gte and rear drive plus full new body kit! ;)

But then I am away at sea for 4 months at a time, so when I'm home she has loads spent on her all at once!

60 for the spoiler wrap

50 for my engine plastic painting

20 for my single din facia piece

65 for my ripspeed DV720

15 needed new rear seats mines went mouldy

15 on front grill as it had chicken wire insted when i bought it

im getting a megan racing strut brace for 58 delivered soon as possible

and i want a vielside stripe in 3m carbon vinyl aswell

then some touch up painton the spoiler base pieces and skirts

over £23k (well bloody over :o )

and thats not counting the £550 from this week

but for fucks sake dont tell the missus

maybe i should take up bloody fly fishing ;)

Edited by spotv6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.