Engine Size 1999 cc

Cylinders 4

0-60 mph 7.9 s

Power Output 147 bhp

Valves 16

Torque 190 Nm 140 lb-ft

Top Speed 129 mph

also found -

In 2008 Ford introduced a series of factory-approved upgrade packs that include engine management tweaks and a performance exhaust. Two options are available, boosting power to 165bhp or 185bhp and each can be fitted to new or used cars. Best of all they don't affect the existing manufacturer warranty and come with a year's cover.

Celica -

Engine Size 1794 cc

Cylinders 4

0-60 mph 8.7 s

Power Output 140 bhp

Valves 16

Torque 173 Nm 125 lb-ft

Top Speed 127 mph

Ouch gen7 lovers....

Edited by bigstring

Fiesta ST -

Engine Size 1999 cc

Cylinders 4

0-60 mph 7.9 s

Power Output 147 bhp

Valves 16

Torque 190 Nm 140 lb-ft

Top Speed 129 mph

Weight 1165 kg

Gears 5

Celica 140 -

Engine Size 1794 cc

Cylinders 4

0-60 mph 8.7 s

Power Output 140 bhp

Valves 16

Torque 173 Nm 125 lb-ft

Top Speed 127 mph

Weight 1145 kg

Gears 6

On paper the Fiesta should have it, but only just. Yes it has 15lb-ft of torque & 7BHP more, but its heavier by 20kg. So this I'm afraid is all down to the driver.

I dont like the gen 7 just want to be clear on that before i comment.

if it was my money i would buy the celica, reason being the extra weight on the fiesta cancels out the extra power, the main swing for me would be that ability to turn corners, the celica is more balances where as the fiesta ST, is a little hatchback and all that weight over the front wheels is goign to make it more difficult to handle in day to day life

I think you might all be surprised

had a play with one the other day , young lad driving and i dont know if it was standard but i couldnt get past him on the back roads, was screaming the bits off of mine to keep up so a 140 would have no chance, thats if the st was standard

shocked me ,

oh and on the drag strip :D:lol: we clocked over the quoted top speed for the st

had a play with one the other day , young lad driving and i dont know if it was standard but i couldnt get past him on the back roads, was screaming the bits off of mine to keep up so a 140 would have no chance, thats if the st was standard

shocked me ,

oh and on the drag strip :D:lol: we clocked over the quoted top speed for the st

What did it sound like? Standard Fiesta STs sound like nothing. He might have had the Mountune kit or something, and they aren't uncommon I think.

I don't think the STs make the 150bhp that is claimed though. Either way standard vs standard it's gonna be down to the driver. Equal drivers, the ST will probably take it, assuming it does actually produce those figures. Do they use the duratec engine? Because the Focus ST170s are usually well down on claimed power.

shocked me ,

I aggree, dont mess with a modded st, theres a white one round where i live and it is well rapid, my 202 is around the 180fwhp mark, and i can keep up until the twisty bits lol, but after that its game over

What did it sound like? Standard Fiesta STs sound like nothing. He might have had the Mountune kit or something, and they aren't uncommon I think.

I don't think the STs make the 150bhp that is claimed though. Either way standard vs standard it's gonna be down to the driver. Equal drivers, the ST will probably take it, assuming it does actually produce those figures. Do they use the duratec engine? Because the Focus ST170s are usually well down on claimed power.

couldnt hear it for the induction noise mine makes

dont usually have a problem keeping up with the civic type r , pretty much on par with each other although i think the honda has it in the handling stakes, mate at work has one with a few small mods and he said he was shocked at how quick mine is, he couldnt get away

all on the track of course :D

couldnt hear it for the induction noise mine makes

dont usually have a problem keeping up with the civic type r , pretty much on par with each other although i think the honda has it in the handling stakes, mate at work has one with a few small mods and he said he was shocked at how quick mine is, he couldnt get away

all on the track of course :D

Then the Fiesta was definitely modded. Or the guy was just a good driver which is possible.

Thinking of it...

The last trackday i was on, There was a Fiesta ST infront of me...

Granted i was in a 190, but I wasn't always in the lift power band.

I was catching him up big time on the corners more than the actual straights before having to head into the pits ... Now that i knew this discussion was about.. i should have done another lap!

I guess i had an extra 40 horses if i was on the straights

But it was really down to the driver....

8 minutes in till the end

PLUS also.. you're never going to really be in a sitatuation of comparing a car down to the fine detail.

And if you were on the track, it isn't really about who is faster.. it is about how much enjoyment you got out of it ragging your car round.

You have bought yourself a nice car..... enjoy it!

Edited by samuaw

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.