Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Tiddles

Accident damage.

Question

My life just gets better and better. Hope my beloved Celica can be saved. Stupid tw*t in a VW run in to the back of me when I was stationary and pushed me into an oncoming car. 

My car drives perfectly and everything works. Back of tailgate is a bit bent but still closes and locks. Bonnet opens and locks but is a bit tight on the catch.

IMG_20180216_134500.jpg

IMG_20180216_134513.jpg

Considering the damage to the VW it shows hoe tough the celica is. 

IMG_20180216_134451.jpg

IMG_20180216_135006.jpg

39 answers to this question

Judging by the market,its not an unreasonable offer at all tbh mate.And yeah when you put down the approximate value of the vehicle when you insure it,it doesn't mean a lot in the event of a loss.Most policies will state clearly 'market value' unless you have agreed a valuation with them beforehand.personally i would try and agree a compromise with them and try to get nearer 1500 but if they dont then the original offer isnt bad anyway

I can't tell from those two pics., whether you have an electric sunroof. If so, the "Premium Pack", which consisted of Leather/Sunroof/Climate Control, was a £1500 option when new.

Just might help the ultimate settlement figure.

I sold a mint red premium one with a rebuilt engine for £950 about 5 years ago. That only had 92,000 on it. It took a fair while to sell as well. The prices have only fallen since then. 

they shouldnt really be offering it you if its going to be a cat B

Keep it, remove the engine and my an mr2 with a blown engine to swap in

For the £45 I'd take the car back and strip it, then sell the shell on, for probably more than the £45 it cost you. Don't bother repairing it though.

Ok. Anybody want a 06 low mileage compleat engine recently serviced?

Comes with a free fully working car and leather seats.

if the insurance company have taken it away just bear in mind that you many have to pay to have it recovered back to you

"Thank you for your message. If you have your vehicle back Copart can return with no charge and you would not receive the ?43.80 payment from us. Thank you, Customer Experience Team."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiddles said:

"Thank you for your message. If you have your vehicle back Copart can return with no charge and you would not receive the ?43.80 payment from us. Thank you, Customer Experience Team."

So they want you to pay the storage fees?

40 minutes ago, Tiddles said:

Ok. That is the plan.

Who wants it?

Collection only.

Maybe put in the "cars for breaking" or "car parts" section? Just a thought... 

Edited by EasyRight89