damn bird droppings!

I am sick and tired of getting up every morning to see my car covered in bird Sh##te!!

Today I cleaned off my bumper and it seems to have left a permanent stain!! It's like its etched into the paint work 4 Life

I tried to wash, wax and polish it away, but it's still visible! :brickwall:

I ordered some of this stuff now (for future incidents) as the summer is here so when it lands it will heat up and bake the paintwork!

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649

Anyone got any tips on how to bes clean up and keep paint work intact!

Maybe I should invest in an Owl :D

Edited by Jay_28

Ouch :( if the sun bakes it on it can be a nightmare, especially a dark coloured car.

My old mate took her immaculate XR2 in black to live down in Dawlish, Devon - the seagull muck ate into the paintwork like acid :( . plus she had salt air being right on the coast, i couldnt believe the state of it when i saw it a year later :o

It's the lime in it that does it apparently, pretty much is acidic, a decent wax or sealant applied regularly should help protect it in the future but if it's damaged the pigment in the paint then no polish will get it out :(

il look into that thanks

How about a decoy owl, need to get rid of these pigeons!

what paint colour on a car is best against the effects of this shite!

Edited by Jay_28

damn I wish I could....

A study done by online retailer Halfords discusses which car colors birds are most likely bomb. The sample included 1,140 cars in Brighton, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds and Manchester. According to the study, red cars are most likely to have bird-turds on them. The color least likely to be covered in bird droppings is green, followed by silver, white, black and then blue.

Source: Halfords

Damn knew I should have got a green t sport (if they do it) lol

Considering getting a car cover, but that attracts theives

Hmmm I got two choices;

1. Park under tree and risk bird plop

2. Park on the other end of the road where everyother day a window is smashed,

Decisions decisions lol

Edited by Jay_28

Down here by the seaside we get Seagulls using cars as a lavvy, they make one hell of a mess and as a bonus it usually stinks of fish, I'd imagine a Heron is the same.

I had a bird shit on my bonnet once ...... I never took her out again. :D

I had a bird shit on my bonnet once ...... I never took her out again. :D

In Germany,they're the marrying kind. :lol: Red cars definitely get shat on more,my Alfa used to get pummelled,the gen4 and our Skoda get mullered no matter where i park them .Im always on the case getting it off as soon as is possible.The stuff is like Hydrochloric acid and fucks the paint

A study done by online retailer Halfords discusses which car colors birds are most likely bomb. The sample included 1,140 cars in Brighton, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds and Manchester. According to the study, red cars are most likely to have bird-turds on them. The color least likely to be covered in bird droppings is green, followed by silver, white, black and then blue.

Source: Halfords

Red cars get pooped on the most?? In my street its always the silver ones that are covered in the stuff and every other colour has one to two, and black cars seem to always have none.

I stopped parking under the tree in my street once the leaves all came back, now I park on the street or if there's space in the resident parking I park there.

when its stuck on, get a few sheets of paper towel, fold them up , soak it and leave to rest for an hour over the droppings, remove the paper and wash the droppings off with no scrubbing

I went out to my car last week and there was the biggest bird s*** on it I'd ever seen, it was as if an elephant had done it, it must have been the biggest pigeon/some other bird on the planet - it covered a massive area!

I usually get the odd one or two as sometimes I park near a telephone pole but this was ridiculous, I'm sure they are doing it so I have to keep washing the car in case a buyer turns up :lol:

Mine has a clear wrap on the front but I still have to be careful when removing it or it will scratch the plastic, you might be right about the colours though as my last red GT used to get caked in it and marked the paintwork.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.