What came in the Post Today?

c.a.r.

Haha I was thinking the same. Pages of debate are usually stopped dead in their tracks by Andy.

I'll put up a pic of my new brakes in here for good measure :lol: I don't want to fit them though, much prefer stroking & holding them!

IMAG0502_zpsafbe17a2b_zpsc94f8726.jpg

, the look great Jo, :thumbs:

Haha I was thinking the same. Pages of debate are usually stopped dead in their tracks by Andy.

I have noticed this, I put it down to being disliked, getting a complex here

I have noticed this, I put it down to being disliked, getting a complex here

Nahhh! It's because you don't speak in smoke signals! You cut through the bull and tell the truth! Very admirable trait! ;)

Would it be ok to fit a magnetic sump plug in mine though......I think everything in there is rusting!! :blink:

To be fair guys it will do no damage on any motor so long as the magnet doesn't protrude too far and the thread pitch is the same.

My original point was that the Gen 7 has non ferrous alloy block, head, pistons, shells, caps and bearings. The crank, cams and timing gear are ferrous but if you have wear on these parts a bit of floating metal in the oil is small time compared to the real damage.

i received an a4 sheet of transparent red vinyl so I can attempt to finish changing the colour of my speedo display

I'm watching this with interest mate cos I've got a sheet ready to do mine when I change the smt's. Any pointers would be good!! ;)

I'm watching this with interest mate cos I've got a sheet ready to do mine when I change the smt's. Any pointers would be good!! ;)

well, I own a Yaris... so I'm not entirely sure how it'll help you :lol:

What are you hoping to do with the vinyl?

Unless you change the speedo face itself, it'll always be orange, as the speedo facia is black and orange. You really need a completely new speedo face from Mook if you want any other colour.

Changing the speedo LEDs to white will only make it a brighter orange... apart from the LCD fuel guage screen, that will be white. You'll need some clear vinyl to change the colour of that (or some coloured LEDs... but just using white LEDs makes it much easier, as you only need to order 1 set of LEDs)

Its not very hard, take the dials apart unclip the digital fuel/temp gauge and behind it there is around 15 smts, you will need to put a filter in between the two facias as the smts will be too bright.

Received yesterday new centres for the caps :).

Old_zps2b02421a.jpg

Midway_zps51e395df.jpg

Completed_zpsd0643435.jpg

On_zps162ab653.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.