How to fit your club stickers

Seeing as though there seems to be alot of members ending up throwing their club stickers in the bin lately id thought id stick up a step by step guide on how to fit your club stickers as Ive just replaced mine due to frost/washing damage!!!

Ideally you want to be doing this on a warmish day without rain or strong winds.

What you will need:
Club stickers and a car to stick them on obviously, masking tape, tape measure (pink one optional) and a squeege. A credit card or even a cloth should be sufficent if you don't have one of these.

Step 1:
Clean the glass, make sure its completely dry and free from any particules and grease. Any sort of window cleaner should be sufficent.

Step 2:
Put two small pieces of masking tape on either side of the decal and roughly place in the desired position. I fold the outer edge of the tape under itself to make it easier to take off the glass

Step 3:
Using the tape measure, measure off the top of the window lip to get the decal straight, I measured to the line off the Toyota logo. Start at one side and select a measurement (I choose 60mm), bring the tab off the glass and move that side to the desired measurement and restick the tab.

Repeat with the other side until your satisfied that its straight.

Step 4:
Put a hinge of masking tape along the top edge of the decal, half on the glass and half on the decal. Remove the tabs after doing this.

Give the decal a good rub over to ensure the vinyl sticks to the application tape (thats the clear bit!)

Step 6:
Flip the decal upwards and brush off any debries that may have gotten onto the glass.

Step 7:
Very carefully peel back the backing paper, keeping it as close to itself as possible. If any letters stay on the backing paper gently roll the backing paper back over it and press down.

Step 8:
With the backing paper removed flip the decal back down. Keep it close to the glass but don't let it touch, you should keep it as tight as possible.

Step 9:
Smooth the decal down using the squeege, start in the middle and work acrosswards, use a firm pressure.

Step 10:
With the whole decal stuck down its now time to remove the application tape. This is where it can go a bit pear shaped!! Start at a top corner and keeping the app tape virtually parallel to itself gently peel it back. If any letters stay stuck on the tape roll the app tape back onto the glass and squeege over it again or press on it with your finger. If after a couple of attempts the vinyl still won't stick to the glass then it'll more than likely be down to grease on the glass, give the glass another good wipe!

This is the way I fit graphics, its not the only way to do it but I find this method the easiest.
This method can be used to fit the decals to the body work and also to the inside of the glass, however due to moisture build up when fitting interior stickers it maybe nessaccery to use brown parcel tape instead of masking tape.

Hope this little guide will be of some use to someone smile.gif

Edited by Old Red Celica
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

am I the only nutter who just takes the backing off slowly, puts the sticker along the black line on the quarters, looks at it so it's about straight and hopes for the best then. I've got all my stickers on the same way and they're all ok :P

Yay lol

am I the only nutter who just takes the backing off slowly, puts the sticker along the black line on the quarters, looks at it so it's about straight and hopes for the best then. I've got all my stickers on the same way and they're all ok :P

Yay lol

yep, with the club stickers i dont see the point pissing about making sure they are prefect, i have a good eye for that, i do however do it exactly how paul has done when it comes put putting on bigger stickers on the car

yep, with the club stickers i dont see the point pissing about making sure they are prefect, i have a good eye for that, i do however do it exactly how paul has done when it comes put putting on bigger stickers on the car

I quite enjoyed doing it like that. Made me want to put more on! lol

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say - thank you so much for this tutorial - for someone who has never put stickers on before it was such a simple guide to follow and looks awesome!

Thank you so much again

Mark

i managed to put mine on sunday, one side was easy the other 1 so freaking sticky it wouldnt come off the sticker,sheet, i literally had to take the stickers off n aligned by hand, i wasnt going to chuck that in the bin, for some odd reason it wouldnt stick to the window, then i what i did got a hairdryer, and heated it to the window lol, now its litterally stuck ehehe, ill take a photo later

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.