Security Advice

digs

Live in a nice but busy area with only onstreet parking....left the flat this morning and a car was outside with a smashed window.

Presumably had something nice in the back, mine just has used brakes and exhaust parts so less of a target ;)

ever since we used to use a crappy Autolok handbrake lock on my old Mini and Clio, I've always enjoyed the bright yellow physical deterrant.

Due to the off-set configuration of the Celica's handbrake and gearstick I bought an wheel lock from Halfords, and use it all the time.

Thatcham approved gave me a little piece of mind, and the big yellow arm serves as a visual deterrant for opportunists

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_186179_langId_-1_categoryId_165565

Alarms are only useful if you're nearby and can hear it, otherwise people just tend to ignore them

Unfortunately in Cardiff it's a persistent problem with car side windows being smashed, especially in student areas, I never EVER! Leave anything on show in the car, not even small change on show, the bastards think nothing of putting the window through just to see what you've left. Ive seen people leave stupid things in their car before and hey presto the following morning they have a mess to sort out.

Edited by Joecard71

cheers guys, liking the remote start :) may get a steering lock for the minute now and look at different alarm options.

Advice on leaving nothing on show is wise, and one I need to remember more often....was looking at a tracker that I could install into my fuel pump as well, they can find and disable it but if it slows people down...

I had a Clifford aventgaurd or something on my Astra, cost just over £600 fitted. It had remote intelli start, headlight flash, total closure on the windows, boot only unlock, door lock when drive off, turbo timer. It was good fun walking away from the car and leaving it running, then 30seconds later it would turn off and lock and close all the windows.

there are companies out there that supply and fit security film to your windows, its transparent and boy does it take a hell of a beating, and as many just want what's in your car and not the car itself, it does help stop em taking your stuff, but unfortunately nothing stops em from trying and causing the initial damage, thieving little bastards need a good bummin in prison

interesting, as two more cars got done in my road last night, both nicer motors, one obviously had a device plugged into as the cable was left. looks like street is being targeted, bastards.....

Alarm every time for me, have had wheel and auto lock handbrake thingy's in the past and always find it a pain in the arse finding somewhere to keep them while you're using the car

Clifford would be my preference, Toad used to do some awesome kit with hidden cameras and smoke machines but think they discontinued them :(

Just like said before dont leave anything on show in the car the only thing seen in my car is the rsm and thats it no clothes or items left in the car ever and i have the back 3 windows tinted so they cant see in the back anyway and i have a toad alarm aswell.

For the gt4 il have a clifford and il have 1 or 2 kill switches aswell in the car

got an ebay tracker coming which will let me cut fuel via text message, and track it of course. Only cheap but will give it a go (need a simcard so using giffgaff one). Can obviosuly be found and removed though. Making sure I have NOTHING in the car, bit worried about the emanage as you can just see the loom going under the front carpet so will need to hide that better. Rear side are tinted but the back isn't, nor are the fronts.

Really, have a choice at the moment, big brakes, projectors or alarm!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.