Rare - special cars within the club

Gen4 verts on here you don't find every day....only supposed to be around 250 UK models supplied,there may have been more but i bet there's not many on the road taxed and running...Wayne (chan110)'s got a JDM gen4 vert....even rarer.

same with ST165s,not many of those either.My 162 doesnt have a rusty sunroof or wings/arches,so i'll count that as rare too. :lol:

Edited by thesherv

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id say the CS/RC and Rally Group A would come under that bracket, yes 5000 where ever made which may sound a lot but in the greater scheme of things that’s nothing when you consider some manufacturers will produce that in less then a month and do a production run of hundreds of thousands.

What you have to remember is the UK CS not RC are the only right hand drive CS as all the others where left hand drive and at the last count there are less then a hundred left now.

Another rare beast will be the GT4 Rally. Dorris

Gen4 verts on here you don't find every day....only supposed to be around 250 UK models supplied

Strange you say that, because I've been keeping an eye out for a good g4 (as if I need any more cars!) & every time I look I see 3 or 4 verts to every coupe.

Maybe I should start looking for a vert, then I'll find a good coupe! :lol:

Id say the CS/RC and Rally Group A would come under that bracket, yes 5000 where ever made which may sound a lot but in the greater scheme of things that’s nothing when you consider some manufacturers will produce that in less then a month and do a production run of hundreds of thousands.

What you have to remember is the UK CS not RC are the only right hand drive CS as all the others where left hand drive and at the last count there are less then a hundred left now.

australian group A is RHD too (they still drive on the proper side of the road ;))

australian group A is RHD too (they still drive on the proper side of the road ;))

So are the RC but the CS was the European model/classification and the only right hand drive CS where the UK ones. I know they are initially the same car but there are slight differences between the CS, RC and Group A. Dorris

So are the RC but the CS was the European model/classification and the only right hand drive CS where the UK ones. I know they are initially the same car but there are slight differences between the CS, RC and Group A. Dorris

:D i know there are tiny differences between regions, but the group A rally is RHD, the way it read above was that you said they where LHD but i may have misread it ;)

Id say the CS/RC and Rally Group A would come under that bracket, yes 5000 where ever made which may sound a lot but in the greater scheme of things that’s nothing when you con. sider some manufacturers will produce that in less then a month and do a production run of hundreds of thousands.

For info, there were only 440 UK rhd Carlos sainzs.

Strange you say that, because I've been keeping an eye out for a good g4 (as if I need any more cars!) & every time I look I see 3 or 4 verts to every coupe.

Maybe I should start looking for a vert, then I'll find a good coupe! :lol:

About 7 years ago there were loads of coupes - all going for sub £200 and a lot were rotten, suspect a load got scrapped - approx 10-15 a week selling on eBay - the verts were £600+ so suspect people Spent money on keeping them

Going, I saved 2 verts but scrapped a coupe. only bought the coupe for exhaust, rad and heater matrix ad other bits for the convertible

there was a gen 5 gt4 light weight version. think it was only an import thing, JDM only option. have only ever heard of 2 in the uk and know one of them was scrapped. dont know what happened to the other. dont no what the designation for it was but it was a narrow body, no sun roof, manual windows, steel wheels and a few other things you only got on this one model.

i have a JDM only st183 hard top. it has manual gearbox, 4ws, a sun roof and super live sound system when it came out the factory. not come across allot of these in this spec level. most are auto's or verts or have no sun roof but are still rare in them selves.

also the cs/rc gt4 that was/is about (think owned goldspeed?? or something like that) that had factory spec paint in a gold colour. believe this is the only one in that colour (maybe in the world) and the vin plate to go with it. now thats rare.

thats all i can think of at the moment.

Are we classing late SS-IIIs as a rare or special car here...?

the beams is a bit special and not many around thats for sure.

i forgot to add that there was an at180 i think it was that had a 1.6 4a-fe engine in it. have only ever seen 1 of these that was a genuine uk car. (there maybe more out there??)

I've got a gen 6 25th anniversary, only 250 made 125 black and 125 silver

Mines number 149 in black

Most are in scrapyard heaven now, Jason (25th anniversary) also has one in black

Don't know how many are on here because we're the only 2 to put our names under the 25th model on the register

I've got a gen 6 25th anniversary, only 250 made 125 black and 125 silver

Mines number 149 in black

Most are in scrapyard heaven now, Jason (25th anniversary) also has one in black

Don't know how many are on here because we're the only 2 to put our names under the 25th model on the register

the 25th anniversary def is in the rare section. I wouldnt be surprised if there were only approx 100 left by now.............and reducing.

My 25th anniversary is 152

Are we classing late SS-IIIs as a rare or special car here...?

I would say yes, as its only available as an import plus in the UK, there are only a handful are known to exist. Edited by 25th Anniversary

there was a gen 5 gt4 light weight version. think it was only an import thing, JDM only option. have only ever heard of 2 in the uk and know one of them was scrapped. dont know what happened to the other. dont no what the designation for it was but it was a narrow body, no sun roof, manual windows, steel wheels and a few other things you only got on this one model.

That was the ST185 GT4 Rally, no frills indeed. Dorris

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.