Oh great..... :(

Jen7190

How lovely is it to come home from a workout session to find some b*****d has gone into my car :(

My gen7 was parked infront of a garage in the car park we have outside our house. Whilst my mum was reversing her car into a space I saw a white plac on the floor and no white number plate on my car, jumped out and someone has reversed into the front of my car, taking the number plate clean off and scratching the front bumper. The impact was also that bad that it pushed my car right back into the garage I'm parked infront.

No note or nothing, just driven straight off, the low life's. but aha I have luck on my side. A while later I went outside to check all the other parked cars Incase it was them, when a neighbour turned up and said she heard the bang of the impact and the damage and managed to get the number plate of the guy/car who went into me- thank you very much. I know maybe not much can be done but going to report it and see what is said.

But at the end of it all, taking positives out of negatives, the damage isn't huge, scratches can be buffed out and I have a friend who spray paints cars for a living so he can help. I was also thinking of getting new plates, so this now gives me no decision but to get new ones :)

Just annoying really as I have worked so hard getting the car nice and for this to happen etc. I have taken pics, albeit in the dark, but will assess the damage tomorrow in daylight

Surely if police have a look at his car and see it is scratched, and matches your paint or whever, they can get him done for leaving the scene or whatever without contact details? surely that counts as some type of criminal damage

Edited by Gimba

If reporting it doesn't get you anywhere, at least you've got your old number plate....

So you can track down the bell-end that did it & ram it down his/her throat!

"Sorry mate, didn't see you there!"

"MMMffwwww!"

"What's that?"

"MMMMMMMwwwffff!"

"You've got internal bleeding? Never mind! Prick!"

:rant2:

This happened to my wife in her works car park last month (I put up a thread about it) police now in involved (we have CCTV) apparently the damage is a civil matter but leaving the scene of an accident is criminal matter, police went round to the woman's house yesterday and sorted it

Give em a ring, I was surprised by how keen the police were to investigate

Report the fucker to the police and demand they investigate it, say you have a eye witness etc! I hate low life's like this! Exactly the same happened to me a few weeks back and I had no note, no witnesses or CCTV so left with a nice £350 bodyshop bill because I love my car and can't leave it with damage!

police turned up at mine once about leaving the scene of an accident. wasn't my car but its a very serious offence in the eyes of the police so i let them inspect my car and check my whereabouts (work CCTV confrimed where i was)

my biggest problem with the whole ordeal was trying to get the other persons insurance company to get lost :P

call the police and tell them the reg number of the car who hit you

As above, report to plod and press for a prosecution. I know someone who was caught and received 3 points + fine.

http://www.nopenaltypoints.co.uk/legal-rules-involved-traffic-accident.html

Punishments for Leaving or Failing to Report a Road Traffic Accident

As two of the more serious road traffic offences there are severe punishments involved if the driver is found guilty. Failure to stop at the scene of an accident and failure to report an accident can both result in driving disqualifications. Both of these offences can result in the driver having up to 10 penalty points applied to his or her licence. A fine of up to £5000 can also be applied. Drivers found guilty of either of these traffic offences can also be sentenced to up to six months in prison, although this is rare.

a neighbour turned up and said she heard the bang of the impact and the damage and managed to get the number plate of the guy/car who went into me- thank you very much.

I witnessed a Transit reversing into a parked Micra and driving off a few years ago, causing considerable damage to the little Nissan. When the Transit driver eventually owned up to the police and was prosecuted, the Micra owner went to the trouble of tracking me down via my employer, just to deliver a box of chocolates. Hope you reward your good neighbour in a similar way.

As already said report to the cops,

As you have the number plate number run it through this site http://www.askmid.com/ to see if it is insured, if it is put it in the hands of your insurance or better still if you took out the accident protection insurance they are always pushing put it in their hands and they will deal with it.

Hey, thanks for all the replies :)

As soon as I got the reg I looked it up, and matches what my neighbour said the car was, but that's all.

I assessed the damage this morning, and think most of it will buff out, thank god, but still iv had to pay out for another front plate as don't want to get pulled by the cops for having the damaged plate in the windscreen, for which I have kept for evidence. I also rang up 101 today, which they have taken down the situation and now have to go to my local police to show documents and take statements, so will have to wait and see what happens afterwards.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.