When going on a road-trip, never forget....

cable ties :(

I'm normally very well equipped, but I forgot to bring cable ties on my recent roadtrip down to the New Forest yesterday.

Sure enough, in the afternoon, after trouble-free driving, I suddenly hear a scraping and pull over to find my under-engine plastics dragging on the road! :angry:

A road-side bodge with a bootlace holds them in place til I happen to stumble across a local garage who very kindly gave me 2 cableties to fasten them securely.

So for those of you who are about to head off in your car: chuck a few cableties in your glove-box for good measure!

:thumbs:

had them come off, the first time I was going to meet my girlfriends (now wife) mates and parents, had a white shirt on and got covered in dirt, luckily a shop was open when i got there, had some old wire in the boot luckily, now keep tie bands in the boot too

wire hanger... good idea also :thumbs:

the under engine plastics came off on my old 140 when going to my girlfriend's parents... i had cable-ties in my 140 though, but I got muck all over my hands and shirt trying to fix it :(

maybe 'wet-wipes' too...

Edited by InsolentMinx

New Forest is old, just saying

Those clips you can get on eBay, the ones people use for engine plastics, they fit brilliantly, plus if you stick the stick into the clip it's stays in for good, proper tight fit

usually always have duct tape tiewraps (cableties) and WD40 in both cars, wire coathanger is a crackin addition! only place I know does them is local dry cleaners, couple of pairs of latex gloves are also handy (£3.50 for box of 100 gloves (50 pair)) at local motor factors!

If your fitting it yourself David i'd definitely take the wheels off and consider the front bumper off aswell, surely there will be some volunteers on Sunday :P

saw Grey Racer with one of these (or similar) at Blyton, want a gen 6 version!!!!!

Yes this is the exact same, he picked mine up from lee on his way home. There was a group buy a while ago for gen 6 ones, they should be easier to come by than 7 ones lol

I had mine fitted by Lee so he could take pictures for you guys... Now that's the way to do it :P

I do agree though, cable ties, tape, couple of spanners or pipe wrench, philips and flathead driver are all essential. you never know when you might just wish you had one or all of them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.