car feels horrible!- handling all over the place...upgraded rears to eagle F1's...

Gstraw

Hey

Im a bit concerned about my car..... I used to have t1r on the front in 215/45/17 and the rear were budget westlakes and a pirelli on the other side (205/45/17) and the car handled great- back would step out before the front as expected.

Now, i upgraded my rear tyres to eagle f1 asymmetric 2 in a 215/45/17 so now all 4 tyres are running the same size. I have done around 300 miles so they have scrubbed in for sure but the car feels like its all over the place- anything above 80mph on the motorway and i really feel like i could loose it any minute! it horrible!

i was cornering a banked curve with this porsche and my car should have had the advantage being front wheel drive but he confirmed what I thought which was that my car really does not have the grip i think it used to :(

now there is is one thing that i have had wrong with the car for 1.5 years and thats a shake from the front right tyre (driver's side) since i drove over a pothole. i got my alignment checked and he said my toe is way out but i want to align it all together once my front tyre is replaced so no point in spending £15 for adjust toe, then change tyre then get it all aligned again 9castor, camber and toe) or is it??

what do people think? national have an offer for £15 to sort out your toe. is it worth doing that just now? but what i don't get is my car has been like that for 1.5 years (cuz I'm trying to get the council to agree to pay the costs!) and the car was fine.

either the eagle f1's are shocking

or the increase in tyre size on the rear is a no go?

car doesn't feel planted either- almost like there is body roll. could something else be damaged?

thanks for your help. my wife needs to drive it on the motorway and I'm worried for her- if i was shitting it from scotland to manchester all the way at 80mph she will for sure!

thanks guys

When I first bought my gen 6 it was skippy on the back end. I had the tracking done where the fronts are tracked to the rear and though it improved it wasn't right. After having the technicians look at it where I work and not finding anything out of the ordinary I took it back to the tyre place.They had changed there alignment gear so they could track each wheel individually. The backs where found to be toeing in off the scale. Once adjusted, my car is now planted on the road. Morel of the story, Don't forget you can track the back end as well as the front. the increase in tyre size to the rear could increase the effect having given the back end more grip with wider tyres.

Edited by lankyalien

Sorted the tracking of the car and it's a bit better but they just align it to your back wheels £15 for a temp fix is okay.

It still shudders especially under braking. I've upgraded to a BBK...any problem with that you think?like a wrapped disk? I don't even use the brakes that hard anyways.

Tyres are on the right way.

thats the one,the tyres are designed to rotate in one direction,should be an arrow on the side .If your cars parked up and the arrow points to the rear of the car(anti clockwise rotation) then they're on the wrong side.Could be that,been done before

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.