What have i bought!

stev1der

just a little story for the younger ones of you, in 1972 i was driving my 3 ltr capri down to brands hatch for the f1 end of season victory race very early in the morning on the south circular road when another 3 ltr capri came up behind me, what ever i did i could not drop it after several miles it drew along side me at a set of lights i looked across and saw the driver was frank williams of grand prix team fame (i had seen him race many times before he became a team owner) i said to myself sod this for a game of soldiers and that was the end of my jack the lad boy racer days, for frank the rest is history

It is awesome. I personally love it more than not, its also nice when you come across someone respectable (ie not a corsa or saxo) and beat them then sit at the lights talking to them about cars for a while. I got completely devastated by a Cupra R turbo on the motorway and for the next 15 miles we were just driving along shouting at eachother through the windows about eachothers cars, not like "Yours is shit... AHHH!" but having a conversation lol he even warned me with his hazards about a police car coming up ahead when i started getting a bit carried away.

Yes you'll come across some dicks, 90% of the time you'll be faster than them, and the other 10% of the time they're so stupid that you don't even want to try to keep up.

Best game ever if you get an exhaust is to make as much noise as you can in the multistorey or underground car park and place bets as to how many alarms go off and how long before security come out :lol:

Edit: So I've been told... :rolleyes:

Those cupra r's are bloody quick though....

If I have to switch to a four door car, this is something I would consider with the K1 body kit on.

Daz

I had a thread on here a while ago about a mondeo st220, flying machine on the motorway but I'm sure I coulda had him on the bendies.

Audi 2.0t was an epic battle till I hit lift in 3rd, the guy was raging.

A 106 gti also kept pace with me through 1st and second before a speed camera slowed us both.

Its not till 3rd gear that I start to pull away from most cars, low down everything pulls away quicker.

All about killing fat cats in huge supercharged Mercs/BMWs/Audis now a days and the odd supercar. Killed a R8 Spyder about a month ago! :D A lot of time for 4th gear roll ons. B) Car parks are always a good laugh too, as Alex said place bets on how many you can set off! ;)

do you really think he was trying ?

Are you sure it's just 206's Ghoul... Not the auto box slowing you down :D :D sorry. Couldn't resist... ;)

It keeps up with them, just cant pull away, 136 BHP in sumet that weighs a lot less than me. Of corse that was on on the old engine :P

It keeps up with them, just cant pull away, 136 BHP in sumet that weighs a lot less than me. Of corse that was on on the old engine :P

so you still have no chance of beating them then? in fact unless you get it sorted they will just be laughing as they pull away. :P

i dont really pay any attention to what is going on outside the car when im driving. the only thing i see is the road and the corners coming up. the only thing that has really got my attention was a red honda NSX. could tell what it was in the rear view so slowed down and it shot past on an A road at what must have been 120-150mph easy. at the end of the day if you think your car is fast get it on a track and do it right, if not then just dont bother. always find that if any thing is right behind me that its always gone after the first corner when they have to slow down, 4ws and coilovers make for mostly flat out cornering. :)

I had one and it was suprisingly nippy. I thought 136bhp was a low figure but its just over 1000kg's, which is roughly the same as the gen 7 celica I believe, but over 100kgs less than the Gen 6 as far as the figures suggest. Compare that to the 153bhp 145 cloverleaf I had, which weighed just under 1300kgs and the 206/celica have superior power-to-weight figures. All based on approximate power outputs and data and not accounting for wear and tear etc.

Never underestimate power to weight though. This was one of my little projects from a couple of years ago..

Image036.jpg

Not even fully stripped in the slightest really, this was with the spare wheel and all sorts of tools and crap in it....

Image000-2.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.