Best Tyre Option

razor2812

Does anyone have an opinion on best option tyre for my 03 T Sport,

currently looking at Pirelli, Bridgestone and Continental.

I have been using continentals for years, great performance in good old wet scotland, they are soft tyres though and are expensive to begin with

Edited by Briano

If you get Pirelli I'll hunt you down and kill you myself!

the best thing I did was get rid of those widow makers!

what's your budget per tyre? only asking coz I spent £48 per tyre on Nangkangs from camskill and tbh imo they are the nutts!

I myself am a owner of a 03 Tsport (190) and it sticks to the road even in a downpour on country back roads.

what's your budget per tyre? only asking coz I spent £48 per tyre on Nangkangs from camskill and tbh imo they are the nutts!

I had nakangs and can agree they are good, but you get what you pay for, I can corner much faster in the wet on the conti's than i could even dream of on the nakangs. the nakangs did last a long time though, I got about 8k from them and JDMAWD still has the wheels and tyres and I gave him them with about 4 mm left

currently looking at Pirelli, Bridgestone and Continental.

Everyone has their own opinion :lol:

generally buy the best you can afford.

Lots love the Falkens, lots love the Uniroyal Rainsport 2's, lots of Pirelli P-Zeros, lots love the Conti's

Not heard of many running Bridgestones though...

I myself am a owner of a 03 Tsport (190) and it sticks to the road even in a downpour on country back roads.

Give up, I just sold him a Pirelli! It was a P Zero Nero though & when I had it on the car it was the only frigging corner that gripped!

Either grab another Nero mate so you have matching pair or bang that on the spare & go for a set of the following:

Kumho KU39's,

Falken 912's

Uniroyal Rainsports.

I have the Kumhos on & I'm extremely happy, but the other 2 get rave reviews as well & won't kill your wallet.

Best prices are found....

http://www.tyredrive.co.uk/

Or

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s0p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_17_inch

dont panic j03,

im happy with the pirelli, but looking at the posts, i will look at the other options now. the car is not driven hard so looking for a good lasting tyre.

will those nangkangs get you to yorkshire, lol

It depends on how you define, "best".

Longevity?, Grip?, VFM?.

If cost isn't an option, Michelin Pilot Sport would get my vote.

If it is, the Toyo T1R takes some beating for the price (or the Sport version if you fit 215/45/17), but don't be tempted to save even more and fit a budget tyre like the Nankang NS2. The difference in price between the Toyo and Nankang is not worth the saving.

In the last 3 years I've had Falken 452, Goodyear F1 Assymetrics and Continental Sport Contact 3's

I thought the Falkens were great when I had them but they are a budget tyre and wear rate is quite poor, and having upgraded to the Conti's they are worth every penny of their premium price.

Edited by Arvi

I always ran yoko spec 2's until I tired a pair of p zero neros' last year, ended up giving them away, hated then in the wet and in the dry. Was advised to try a maxxis and I love them! Out handle the yoko's by miles, but it's down to personAl opinion

With GreyRacer and Nthnmunky

Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 215-45R17 Z 91XL

Bought them on Grey's recommendation and they are truely superb. Swapped all tyres on my Auris T180 for them to, They have everything.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.