Which Tyres

Yes, the expensive ones. Everyone can post up.."I've got these and they're awesome", but you really do get what you pay for re rubber.

PS Sincere apologies for using the word "awesome", i'm guilty of spending too much time on CCUK :rolleyes:

Guest joer

ive always gone with Toyo Proxes on my cars great at gripping onto the road and not bad in wet either.

can get them from blackcircles.com and dont think there to pricey

Im sure theres an Old Poll or thread where lots of people expessed there best buys in tyres (you may have to adjust your settings in the search dept. as it may be preset for searches in the last 30 days or so but this was quite a few months ago maybe someone will search it out & put up a link ?? ;)

to be honest its all about budget and what you expect

i got a cheap set £200 for all for corners, they were v loud to start with and a little loud now but grip wise they are no different to yokos that were on the car

Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2. About £113 per corner fitted in 215-45/17 Z 91 XL. Probably the best tyre in the world as Calsberg would say.

I've got these. Superb tyres! :D

ive got BF Goodrich think i payed 100 quid each fitted, had them put on about 9 months ago and still no sign of major wear, they also grip really well definitely recomend.

ive always gone with Toyo Proxes

i used to have these on my clio a few years back but they only used to last 6-8 months how long have yurs been lasting

Currently have continental sport contact 3s on mine. Great traction but not cheap!

Buy the best you can afford, especially if you like to drive hard :D

Sage advice. You seriously can't afford to scrimp on tyres.

I can get cheap tyres, dropped some at japfest at the weekend and have to pick up the below for the boss tomorrow...

275/30 20 96Y XL £190 Continental sport contact

245/35 19 93W XL £170 Continental sport contact

let me know

Sage advice. You seriously can't afford to scrimp on tyres.

This, lots.

All the braking technology in the world wont help you stop if your tyres arent gripping the road properly :(

Expensive one's aren't ALWAYS all that. I'd HIGHLY recommend Kumho Ecsta Sport. They were on my last car...felt very progressive, held the road like glue and don't cost an arm and a leg. They also seem to receive universally awesome reviews and one German mag even rated them as tyre of the year.

Expensive one's aren't ALWAYS all that. I'd HIGHLY recommend Kumho Ecsta Sport. They were on my last car...felt very progressive, held the road like glue and don't cost an arm and a leg. They also seem to receive universally awesome reviews and one German mag even rated them as tyre of the year.

After research these where the tyres I've just ordered...good reviews all round...and good reviews in the wet which is what I was mainly after because the ones I have on now are shocking, didn't know tyres could be so bad. There not low on tread, I'm just replacing them.

Got them for £140 from ebay, 205/45/R17, just need to get them fitted.

Also seen this word, progressive, alot with the tyre reviews but what does it actually mean?... :unsure:

Unless the braking technology in question is a boat anchor ;)

This came up in conversation lately (after more brake issues), we also figured you could get some great cornering if the corner has a lamp post ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.