CELICALITUS - explained

Steve C

I can vouch for this!

Infact I saw you in the Sunchaser the other week Ian at the Middlewich Street traffic lights!

You planning on attending JAPS North again?

I assume you weren't in the Gen 7 as I didn't spot you. The red Sunchaser is the everyday car at the moment so will be floating around quite a bit.

I haven't decided on a definite list of shows fot this year but JAPS North is a strong contender.

And just a quick visual warning to everyone of how Toyotaitus (Toyotaitis for the Scottish pedant !) can affect the view from your living room window :rolleyes:

SAM_0210.jpg

Edited by misterC

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i make sure I can see my car from my work office!

I make sure I can see mine from the window of the restaurant/pub etc...when I take the missus out for tea. I then position her in the window seat so that I can check out my baby over the missus's shoulder :blush:

HAHAHAHA I DO THAT! and at the same time telling the missus.... dont you just love the front of my Car :D ( Because the facelift gen 7 is gorgeous! )

I do this too! Admittedly i've only had the Celica a week but hey!

also, I keep taking my car to the same car wash just to eb told by the lads who wash the car that I have a ncie car and they like washing it lol

They do a sh**e job, but hey a compliment is a compliment. :lol:

Celicalitus is a disease associated with people who are obesessed about the sports car, the Toyota Celica series from the very first generation, through to the final seventh generation.

It can be passed down through family genes as certain members of families may have had it before their offspring, therefore it automaticly passes on to them. Certain members on the Celica Club UK have caught the disease through this way.

Other ways it can be caught are through friends who insist on brainwashing their mates on how good and sexy the Celica is, therefore influencing someone who was about to buy a Ford , Vauxhall, or Rover etc, into buying a Celica instead.

It can also be self inflicted. When one has passed their driving exam, they don't go and buy a normal sensible family car which gets them from A to B, but do their research on a Toyota Celica and decide they want excitment that a normal car can't provide. It also has an added attraction for male owners, that it can attract the female species :naughty

Its a disease which becomes an addiction. Withdrawal symptoms are inevitable. Owners cannot stop thinking about their cars and tinkering with them.

Symptons of Celicalitus :

Polishing the Celica everyday or in extreme cases, twice a day.

Going to and from the garage or drive, every so often to look at the Celica.

Secretly sneaking a Celica brochure into the toilet :drool:

Starting the engine up and just listening to it.

Taking lots of photos and making videos of it.

Checking the Celica Club forum for new posts.

Driving to meaningless destinations, taking the longer route than usual and taking photos.

Taking bits of engine apart, looking at it, take photos of it.

Buying little toy models to go alongside the real thing.

Arranging meets to look at other Celicas.

Wearing a T-shirt with a photo of your Celica, to tell everyone you have Celicalitus.

Keep turning your head several times to look at it after parking up.

Looking at reflections of the Celica in shop windows while driving.

Owning more than one Celica.

Thinking about what job next to do on it, when sleeping ( ignoring the other half :cry: ).

Parking your Celica in a heated, carpeted room, that's even nicer than your bedroom.

These are some of the main symptons, and there many more. Currently there is no known cure. Sufferers will have the disease forever and they just have to deal with it in a controlled enviroment such as the Celica Club UK. It's thanks this club that we have the disease under control. Although recently the forum went through a refurbishment and sufferers had no-where to release their desires. :o

Fellow sufferers of CELICALITUS.......please do not feel isolated, we are all here to support one another and NOBODY on here will laugh or bully each other......we ALL have the same disease.

1 Extra symptom, that I definately suffer from, spending hours on sites like Ebay and Celica-club looking for new things and ideas I can buy for my car!!!!!!

1 Extra symptom, that I definately suffer from, spending hours on sites like Ebay and Celica-club looking for new things and ideas I can buy for my car!!!!!!

PMSL I do that all the time....... In fact I'm doing it now :unsure:

You also need to add booking Hotel rooms that overlook the car park so you can keep an eye on the car.

Can add theatres to that list. Went to a gig at The Mission in Bath on Friday and made sure I was sat in a window seat overlooking the car park opposite.

Damm Celicalitus develops fast!

guilty as charged. the wife is fed up of hearing about my great looking cars lol

i even look out of my bedroom window at night as i go to bed just to check on them both, as if to say good night em.

how about looking on ebay searching just for the word celica, even when you need nothing but 'just checking'

bonerfied suferer of toyotaitis. 2 gen 5's and the wife's starlet.

is there a blueishgreyitis? i have this but that mite just be a medical phenomenon

guilty as charged. the wife is fed up of hearing about my great looking cars lol

i even look out of my bedroom window at night as i go to bed just to check on them both, as if to say good night em.

how about looking on ebay searching just for the word celica, even when you need nothing but 'just checking'

bonerfied suferer of toyotaitis. 2 gen 5's and the wife's starlet.

is there a blueishgreyitis? i have this but that mite just be a medical phenomenon

Do both of them!!!!:lol:

You missed out a few of the basics.

Giving your car a name

Talking to your car

Giving her a friendly pat on the dash and saying well done after overtaking something

Oh do any of you pop up light peeps sometimes deliberatly leave the lights up when parked just because it gives you a smile when you walk back to the car???

Oh and have you ever had the "if my car was human what sorta person would she be?" convo with yourself while driving??

Edited by Ghoulscout

I assume you weren't in the Gen 7 as I didn't spot you. The red Sunchaser is the everyday car at the moment so will be floating around quite a bit.

I haven't decided on a definite list of shows fot this year but JAPS North is a strong contender.

No I was on foot :o

I'll definately be going to JAPS North again, so if you do decide to go, we can do the same as last year :)

you missed one,

you can remember when you first met your celica, but you cant remember when you first met the misses :lol:

Talking to your car

Giving her a friendly pat on the dash and saying well done after overtaking something

Oh and have you ever had the "if my car was human what sorta person would she be?" convo with yourself while driving??

:sofa: yes, yes, more like the archangel Michael

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.