1. 1. what did you buy your Celica for?

• looks
    • performance
    • comfort
    • handling
    • relability
    • practical. Big boot, fold down seats
    • I own a car named after a crayon company

Three main reasons I bought my first Celica ...

1. Primarily - I couldn't find a Scirocco I liked and had to widen my search. :lol:

2. It had air conditioning, which my Sciroccos didn't. Driving in Europe, a/c is a necessity. So I've ticked "Comfort" in the Poll.

3. Indy's brother is a Toyota Service Manager, and recommended the Gen 5.

(The Prelude over another Gen 5 ... performance and reliability, both of which were an improvement on the Gen 5s.

:)

Angus

Edited by Angus

what celica? ;)

Im not changing iot again, just because some one went and got a grown up car :lol:

The Celica is ALSO very practical. Big boot, fold the seats down for a HUGE boot. That was one factor i knew i needed when i purchased.

There you go old man, added :(

what celica? ;)

there you go again Crayon boy.

Theres no driving places option :)

You want me to add a category "I brought my Celica to Drive places" that is the over all end result, but how do you want to get there? Quickly / looking good etc?

Looks and performance, just like my woman ;):lol:

Comfort = fat

Handling = too much fat or loose skin to grab

Reliability = ugly as sin so won't leave you

Practical with big boot = dull and has a big fat arse

Crayon = owned one and got rid to buy the Celica

Edited by Brinkz

I bought my Celica over myCivic beacuse of looks, performance and it wa shalf the price to insure.

I've now bought a Civic over the Celica because of Reliabilty and handling (I'll admit it doesn't look as good as a Celica though)

this is never going to work for me

the vert

1. looks , not really

2. performance , yes and no , it should be scarey quick ? if the roof counts then yes

3. comfort , not a feckin chance

4. handling , also listed in the ``you have got to be shittin me ``

5. relability , hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

6. practical. Big boot, fold down seats , no boot , yes to fold down seats , bet no-one knows that , errrrrr no

the cs

1. looks , yep

2. performance , oh yes

3. comfort , yep

4. handling , yep

5. relability , yep

6. practical , yep

7. and more

the beams

1. looks , nope , it was a dog

2. performance , sort of , going to germany counts doesnt it ?

3. comfort , nope

4. handling , springs are shit

5. relability , sort of but no

6. practical. sort of but no again , id buy a van if needed

i dont seem to be able to click anything

good thread though

Practical? No way! with a rear strut brace and a shalow boot caused by the fuel tank with a space saver sticking up. Just enough room for some bass.

Reliability - so far anyway........

Comfort - with the standard springs it was. The TRD's seem a bit harder, Still love driving it though.

Handling - Turns out what I thought was "road feel" was actualy seriously broken topmounts and spring seats. Scary to drive, but I thought it was just me. Pretty awesome now though.

Performance - Its tuneable! It is a quick car to start with, doesnt always feel it though, you've got to check the speedo.

Looks - Is it just me? Out of all the WRC cars this has to be the best looking. I think it looks better than the Supra too. The styling is unreal. If I had to replace it. It would have to be either a DB7, XK8 or Chimaera.

Edited by mrsoundcraft

All of the above.

looks - yup. She's a stunner

performance - waaaaaay better performance than the cars i've previously used on a daily basis

comfort - seats hug me, and the driving position is awesome

handling - nippy and pretty good in the bends. Looking forward to better grip with some new tyres soon

relability - Toyotas are pretty reliable, no?

practical. Big boot, fold down seats - I've put all manner of things in the boot, from tables and chairs to flatpack bedroom furniture :) Although the long doors are a little impractical for tight car parking spaces :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.