65 members have voted

1. 1. How many times a day / week / month

• 1 - 2 Times a day
    • 5+ Times a day
    • 1 - 2 Times a week
    • 1 - 2 times a Month
    • My rev counter never goes above 3k
    • My car lives on the limit.
    • I drive a Gen7 are you mad? it might have oil feed problems!

Poll options only allow for grandads ( never above 3K) or (dare I say it?) Boy racers.

I've had the ST up to 6k twice since buying the car in September.

Never had the 182 over 5K in 3 years of ownership - Never felt the need.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car is built to rev to 8.5k, so that's what I do, hit lift on every acceleration possible, windows down (exhaust) system up :lol:

The 2zz is a revy little thing, and coming from a V6 grunt machine lazy but foooking powerful machine to this took some getting used to, but love it now!!

I very rarely have the balls to go that high, I'm already nearing the speed limit by 3k :) and as I've never done over the speed limit ever officer then how would I? :D

But seriously .... only to show off and shit up chav idiots do I get close

when i'm done being a grandad on the motorway I usually bounce off the redline a few times. the sliproad leads onto a roundabout (which I obviously slow down for) then i floor it onto a national speed road where I hit the red a few times, then quickly pop up to 6th and cruise at 70mph

my daily commute to work is through country roads so its always nice to have windows down and listen to that engine, most of my journeys i cruise at the speed limits and just have the occasional blast when I'm either bored, provoked or generally annoyed lol. The sound of 8.5k is just sweet to the ears :rolleyes:

It's the rule to get in front of;

Anyone whos young with their gf in the passenger seat

Corsas/saxos/puntos etc in general

Any car with the slightest mod which is blatantly shit

You get the drift :)

yes yes yes then seeing the smirk drop off their face

Wish I could drive at the limit every day but my commute to work is only 5 mins, so only get to push the car at weekends, when, it stays on the limit :D

Redline it every time I get on a slip road onto the motorway....Those long sweeping downward stretches are like a red rag to a bull and I act like a nonce right into the fast lane.

I try not to redline mine for economy reasons, though about once a month I do auto-testing so I save the limit for then!

That said, 4200rpm with the windows down is a treat every now and again, too ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.