65 members have voted

1. 1. How many times a day / week / month

• 1 - 2 Times a day
    • 5+ Times a day
    • 1 - 2 Times a week
    • 1 - 2 times a Month
    • My rev counter never goes above 3k
    • My car lives on the limit.
    • I drive a Gen7 are you mad? it might have oil feed problems!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's possible for anyone not to haha. I'll try keep it under 3k unless I'm overtaking, racing, showing off or listening to my exhaust to again, show off :lol: so really I stay under 3k when cold :)

I also love the little 'sporty' 4k and onwards when the power band kicks in :)

It's the rule to get in front of;

Anyone whos young with their gf in the passenger seat

Corsas/saxos/puntos etc in general

Any car with the slightest mod which is blatantly shit

You get the drift :)

I only push it when going between two sets of traffic lights, because if you can red line it, you can get through the next set on amber, and not sit waiting for over 2 mins, saving me 20 mins a week if Im at the front of the cue, result!

Getting on the Castle combe road, out of the town and on to the open road :)

7k rpm? No thanks! I'm happy changing @ 6 when I have to :lol:

7K? just touching the red will do it..

Edited by bigstring

I remember hearing once upon a time, that if you pootle along (like how a granny drives) with your car for a long time, it is bad for the engine? So that is becomes sluggish and what not.

And that once in a while you should rev the nuts off your car as thats what it is made to do.

Edited by samuaw

I remember hearing once upon a time, that if you pootle along (like how a granny drives) with your car for a long time, it is bad for the engine? So that is becomes sluggish and what not.

And that once in a while you should rev the nuts off your car as thats what it is made to do.

Carbon build up can happen because of this, I always give mine a motorway thrash on a Sunday to clear out the traffic gunk

yep agree with samuaw, at least once a week give the car a good run and use the full rev range. this helps to clear out and de-coke the engine and exhaust system. if you dont use it then the engine does bed in at that standard and will take a while to break it free from it.

like they say if you dont use it you loose it.

andy

still getting used to keeping the 'Rolla in lift! hello limiter. saying that, i mostly drove like ya nan. look much cooler going slow in a fast car knowing you don't have to prove it. managed 40mph down the A52 (national speed limit) in the celica. i was cruising B)

I thought redline was 7.... on a G7?

*Goes outside to check his own car - should know better* :sofa::oops:

Dpnt worry, I had no idea what the red line was on a Gen7, was just a general question, do you hit the red line at all ;)

My car lives on the limit -

lolzzzz :lol::lol:

Im much the same lol why use 3 or 4 gears to get to 60 when you can do it in two haha

Yes its no good for fuel but wheres the fun in that. and i always keep my cars well serviced so even treating um mean like that there still more then well looked after :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.