show me your decals please

davetrigz

Hi all

I'm thinking of having some decals made up by mook and wanted some inspiration and ideas?

I was thinking about the rising sun on the roof with one of the rays either going down the front or rear pillar, im also toying with the idea of the celica dragon down each side.

Can you post a pic of your decals so I can get some inspiration and ideas please.

That does look nice for a g7 lol

I'm looking at going subtle with a reflective black on a black car which may get painted with a red metal flake depending on funds, so it won't be in your face but on a nice sunny day it should look stunning

Cheers guys, I'm planning on having reflective black decals on a black car so they will stand out on a nice day and at night but not be in your face all the time, I was thinking of a rising sun on the roof but mook has said that is hard to get right and doesn't really suit the shape of the g6!! I was also thinking of the celica dragon down the sides but not too sure if that would work well, i could get the head going up the wing and on to the bonnet with the body down the door and rear quarter then the wings would have to go up the front pillar on to the roof obviously missing out the windows.

Solid decals really take some thinking about and some pre-planning. As you say, you have to think about where to place them in relation to where parts of it will end up.

Splinters are almost abstract and because of that they totally work for me.

Solid decals really take some thinking about and some pre-planning. As you say, you have to think about where to place them in relation to where parts of it will end up.

Splinters are almost abstract and because of that they totally work for me.

Indeed they do take a lot of thought, i trawled google images for months looking for just the right images of jap cars and jap decals and general japaneseyness to eventually come up with my island designs. then it was a case of mixing it up with sizing of the islands and placement, then what text to do and where. took me a very long time before i was happy for mook to cut the graphics. He was very helpfull during the process.

Yeah I've done a quick Google search for gt4 graphics but I'm going to have to try something else as it mainly came up with the castrol decals!! Well I have plenty of time as I have other bits to get sorted first like having the front and rear bumpers painted and fitted along with the new spoiler and other bits I want on the car before I go ahead with it all!!

Yeah I've done a quick Google search for gt4 graphics but I'm going to have to try something else as it mainly came up with the castrol decals!! Well I have plenty of time as I have other bits to get sorted first like having the front and rear bumpers painted and fitted along with the new spoiler and other bits I want on the car before I go ahead with it all!!

My other half "the modgod" has been drawing and planning some graphics for mine while hes been recovering, as most say they really do take some serious planning to get right. Naturally |"Dragons" are to be a major part of his designs for my car, I still have a large dragon graphic he made that fills the gen6 bonnet in white, that was to be fitted to my last 6 . The hours he spent making it and it will never be used makes me feel a bit guilty so if anyone wants it youre welcome. :)

Good luck with the ideas though would love to see more graphics about.

I think the reason we dont see more graphics around is the modifying scene has moved on, its not about trying to look like a fast and furious extra anymore

Track cars are exempt from it, however, 99% of road cars with decals on look laughable and so 'trying to hard because race car'

In my opinion of course

I think the reason we dont see more graphics around is the modifying scene has moved on, its not about trying to look like a fast and furious extra anymore

Track cars are exempt from it, however, 99% of road cars with decals on look laughable and so 'trying to hard because race car'

In my opinion of course

I think they have got rare enough they are cool again ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.