Jump to content

Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

what have you done to your celica today...


scott64
 Share

Recommended Posts

 
Unfortunately the outcome was kinda messy and I am not sure on the main piece right now but see how that ends up when it's fully dry.
Trying to get an even coat with a brush over semi-dried glue requires more practice. However, do have access to an old compressor which, if I can get working, might make the next attempt better.
IMG_20190709_181253_resized_20190709_061655502.jpg.31c4a58d54247c427897cdb9a5fe839b.jpg
 
On a seperate note, drove passed a Lexus SC with the same 3m Psychedlic wrap [emoji20]
 
Looking at alternative colours now.
I think that looks cool......

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Freeman558 said:

 

Unfortunately the outcome was kinda messy and I am not sure on the main piece right now but see how that ends up when it's fully dry.

Trying to get an even coat with a brush over semi-dried glue requires more practice. However, do have access to an old compressor which, if I can get working, might make the next attempt better.

IMG_20190709_181253_resized_20190709_061655502.jpg.31c4a58d54247c427897cdb9a5fe839b.jpg

 

On a seperate note, drove passed a Lexus SC with the same 3m Psychedlic wrap :(

 

Looking at alternative colours now.

Dude that looks epic! Please share your method! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What have I done to mine today? Had two separate occasions when I had to take a watering can out to slosh off birdshit. Gotta look after the ceramic coating until the weekend when it should be fully cured and I can wash her  :blink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, commandosqueak said:

Dude that looks epic! Please share your method! 

 

I'm afraid I can't. I mean I could tell you... But then you'd go and do a better job of it than me ;)

 

Oh ok, I'll tell you but only because it's you... and the fact that you could google crackle paint effect like I did and find out that way :D

 

Basically it's painting over semi-dry (waterbased) kids glue I used elmers but I think anything in the waterbased classroom glue has the same effect.

Water it down a bit, depending on the glue and paint it over the base colour (make sure the base colour has fully dried) then leave it to dry a bit (I left it for 15-20mins but I think I could of left it longer for a cleaner effect) then paint over with water based paint. I used Rustoleum Painters Touch gloss black.

I tried lots of rattlecans but they just can't put a thick enough layer down fast enough or they just don't react with the glue and separate/crackle so I used a tin of paint and a brush. The result is really rough but it worked more or less.

Hoping that the glue cures ok and isn't affected by the heat of an engine bay. Guess we'll find out when I get to Donington, could look a right mess by then. Might bring some spare plastics just in case :D

 

I pllan on getting some more plastics and doing this again when I have the compressor running and a spray gun.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Freeman558 said:

 

Unfortunately the outcome was kinda messy and I am not sure on the main piece right now but see how that ends up when it's fully dry.

Trying to get an even coat with a brush over semi-dried glue requires more practice. However, do have access to an old compressor which, if I can get working, might make the next attempt better.

IMG_20190709_181253_resized_20190709_061655502.jpg.31c4a58d54247c427897cdb9a5fe839b.jpg

 

On a seperate note, drove passed a Lexus SC with the same 3m Psychedlic wrap :(

 

Looking at alternative colours now.

 

Martin, that is stunning mate. I wasn’t expecting that. :thumbs:

Re: Lexus

We can’t have that driving around on the manor :nono:

He was most probably just visiting someone and now he’s gutted because he’s seen a better car with the same wrap as his :lol:

17 hours ago, meirion said:

What have I done to mine today? Had two separate occasions when I had to take a watering can out to slosh off birdshit. Gotta look after the ceramic coating until the weekend when it should be fully cured and I can wash her  :blink:

 

I know exactly how you feel.

That’s the only reason why I have to keep mine under a car cover, the birds :brickwall:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

 

Martin, that is stunning mate. I wasn’t expecting that. :thumbs:

Re: Lexus

We can’t have that driving around on the manor :nono:

He was most probably just visiting someone and now he’s gutted because he’s seen a better car with the same wrap as his :lol:

 

 

Thanks, these 3 came out ok but the main piece is... meh. Two minds on whether to put it on. Probably will but will definitely need another go at that piece.

Just hoping heat and glue don't cause a disaster. Got a few layers of lacquer on there today, will put a couple more on them tomorrow.

 

As for the Lexus, yeah the SC wasn't prettiest car Toyota ever made. But seeing another in Psychedilc was enough, I've already decided on the next colour  :D

Edited by Freeman558
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had my Gen 7 checked out for paint/body, needs a full respray bar the roof, first quote 4-6k pending no hidden gremlins to add to the cost, got another quote of 2k plus pending no problems that its a straight forward job.

 

Looking at others to see what they price at the moment. 

 

So doing the rounds today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.