What came in the Post Today?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got a set of alloys for the Faff, and really pleased

came in a van yesterday, but still qualifies I hope! My new built 3sge. Crazy cammed up throttle body goodness!!

Posted Images

these arrived :)

I'm gonna take the HIDs out I think and see how these work.

HIDs don't quite light up the road as I hoped. Plus the 'UFOs' really annoy me when I pull up behind another car and can see this big additional blob of light.

DSC04275.jpg

It not all that easy, but with a bit of time spent positioning (essential) another pair of hands might be useful there. Then careful fitting, it can very easily go wrong and it looks pants then. I have done graphics and stuff before though in my old job. Hence should have known better than to do it in the cold and wind but couldnt wait :lol: Do it on a warmer, still day if poss. Pleased with it though, got on ebay and Alan was very helpful and emailed me different colour combinations. Happy to give you a hand (or do it for you) if you're down this way (mine is gunmetal to match bonnet but my pic isnt very good

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

Ah nice, thanks for that. I'll keep the offer in mind for summer when I'm fiddling about with my 190 lol :)

these arrived :)

I'm gonna take the HIDs out I think and see how these work.

HIDs don't quite light up the road as I hoped. Plus the 'UFOs' really annoy me when I pull up behind another car and can see this big additional blob of light.

DSC04275.jpg

Cool, I'm interested in seeing how these turn out for you. I'm gonna be selling my 6000k HIDs and the holders soon and 'downgrade' to these bad boys for when I part ex my car :)

Ooh TYC Reds, very nice! I do like those.

Oh and I think the Osrams are pretty decent for standard lamps, I've never felt the need to go further than them.

only one TYC? :P

yeah, the HIDs take a little while to warm up, and aren't quite as bright as i though they'd be. Will give the Nightbreakers a try.

Off topic quickly but what HIDs did you get? The one's I got are pretty damn bright lol (6000k 35w). I can see for miles! Take a few seconds to warm up properly but apart from that they're really good.

But I'm still moving "down" to Nightbreaker Plus. Although they look cool they are pretty "glarey" for other road users.

Nice delivery today :D

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

New Headlights :D seeings I couldn't do them myself, spared myself of the hassle and grief of trying to do it again, just went and bought brand new headlights with the effect as standard :D

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

Now just need to find a day where the weather is better to get them fitted and then find somewhere to get them aligned :D

Didn't know the tsunami had different headlights, lol, but aye saved myself alot of hassle, the only hassle now is getting them aligned being from the states (despite the seller saying they are LHD and RHD capable, and they do have the adjustment screws on them, things never seem to be simple for me, lol)

Edited by Monkey_matt

Out of curiosity, what exatly would the hassle of been?

Splitting the headlights apart then getting them back together, so you can get at the inside bits, it is possible, but I dont have the strength in my hands to do it, they just get tired too quickly

Ahh okay, was hoping you was gonna say they didnt need alligning lol, was gonna get them myself if they didnt need it

well no if I used my current headlights then they wouldn't need aligning again, but as these are from the states, chances are they will either be aligned for a LHD car or just aligned straight ahead

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.