Facebook Group - My comments

Hi.  None of my comments or posts are displaying on the FB site.  They go into a 'pending' state but then just disappear, never to be seen again.

I joined the FB group, which made no difference.

I only have a FB account as I need to replace my Celica, and the classifieds here no longer exists.

I've paid for membership to Celica Club UK for 7 or 8 years and have just renewed.  Please can someone explain why my posts are not displaying?

Thanks.

As above, the FB page just directs you to the forum.

As for the classified section, we can't invent more cars for sale, so it does various from week to week.

FB Marketplace is a very popular selling platform, giving exposure to millions of potential customers but also can expose yourself to hundreds of silly questions and comments.

no I didn't see that post from 2019.  I'm wondering, am I on the correct FB page?!  I found it via this site and it's called Club Celica UK.  Is that different to your one?  There is no mention on this site about not posting publically etc. 

Hopefully I'm just ont he wrong group then?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/874534352559246

21 hours ago, Old Red Celica said:

As above, the FB page just directs you to the forum.

As for the classified section, we can't invent more cars for sale, so it does various from week to week.

FB Marketplace is a very popular selling platform, giving exposure to millions of potential customers but also can expose yourself to hundreds of silly questions and comments.

?  I found a link on this site to the FB page that I'm trying to post on (https://www.facebook.com/groups/874534352559246).  I'm now wondering if this is a different site, not affiliated to this website?

Don't know what you mean about the inventing new cars!  That's not what I'm saying at all.  I've been told by many on this site that the classifieds don't exist here anymore, and so I (thought I had) found the FB equivalent, but is this a very slightly differently-named FB group?  I did make a post when I found the FB site to check that is is correct but nobody replied, or at least I have no notifications of any response from anyone.

Can you please confirm if I'm using the correct FB page or not?  All I'm trying to do is find the correct site for selling and buying Celicas from this site, and after 6 months I am still unsure.

Looks like the FB page I'm referring to is Club-Celica, instead of Celica-Club.  Not confusing at all, especially when the main front page has a picture of several Celicas with the bl00dy Celica-Club flag flying with your logo.

So, after it appears there are 2 almost identically-named Celica sites, and having read this one now https://www.facebook.com/celicaclubuk/

I'm still not sure if the classifieds still exist on this site or not?  You say the FB site just redirects to the classified here?  Do you have a link please?

All I'm trying to do is replace my Celica, and seek advice about selling my current one, so would like to see the classifieds, or whatever equivalent now exists.

Edited by Dave_Leicester

We do have a classified section. It does work, just there's not much on it. 2 Gen5s I think.

'

There many threads where cars that are currently on the market get discussed.

For example in the Gen1-3 section it's mainly about early RWD version on Ebay.

Don't give up, you could even do a Wanted add.

Personally I think this forum and advertising on here is antiquated…isn’t user friendly and it doesn’t have the exposure other platforms have and is very insular. Things have moved on….. with social media, Facebook, Instagram etc. and yes there’s pro’s and cons with everything but have moved on….

Celica Ireland (with 4.2k members) on Facebook is a good example with such an active content (across the Generations of Celica’s) with everything from events, meets, cars for sale, parts, news, photos in your face to catch your eye as you scroll through etc. etc. Not disjointed and hidden away by Generations in different sections which I for one rarely go into and I couldn’t tell you who has what car in the club, unless it’s “your generation” (as I have commented on before). Classifieds are virtually non existence and people then need to go elsewhere to find what they are looking for.

Facebook is day to day in your face stuff, a who’s who of car “enthusiasts” with something to share, whist Instagram is very different again and aimed more at photos & videos than words but with following & followers, but another platform I’m also on with my cars, find george_anderson165 if you’re interested. 

I think the Celica Ireland (and others) are more motivational and interesting to look at, and less treacle to wade through. The Celica-Club UK Facebook page (related to this website with 1.9k followers) makes depressing reading with more content about website down time than anything of value recently. That’s certainly not going to attract people to it. And who were the web and social media will be in future but need to move with the times I think….

Shipwrecked, (George Anderson)

Aged 56 & a quarter 

Both FB & Forums have their own advantages & disadvantages.

If you need to look for info on a site then the Forum is OK to navigate, but for instant & quick replies then FB is by far a quicker platform. 

For clubs, a dedicated web page works to the clubs advantage as they can charge people to use and limit access to certain pages. FB is free.

Sadly, IMHO,the dedicated web forum has had it's day. People want quick replies to questions when working in their cars, With the web page, you could wait weeks for a reply, FB you can get an answer within seconds. Also in trying to find rarer JDM parts FB has been very good as there is a world wide membership. 

Many clubs run their pages from FB without a hitch.  

For me, being a Gen 6 convertible owner, FB is by far a more superior platform to get info & parts from owners, sharing info and advising. 

On 15/03/2023 at 19:16, Dave_Leicester said:

None of my comments or posts are displaying on the FB site. They go into a 'pending' state, but then just disappear...

I've just made an account for that Celica group (Admin' is one of our members, Carlasumm.)

My comments are disappearing too. They don't get approved, rejected or flagged, just vanish after about an hour.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xanadu said:

I've just made an account for that Celica group (Admin' is one of our members, Carlasumm.)

My comments are disappearing too. They don't get approved, rejected or flagged, just vanish after about an hour.

I was on the 'Club-Celica' instead of the 'Celica-Club' FB group.  I thought it was this one but I was wrong. 

Although, now I'm confused again, because I've been in contact with Carla about this issue as she's an admin for the Club Celica FB Group, but now also for the Celica-Club one?  Am I losing my mind here :D , or she just happens to be admin of both? 

I've not posted on this site's FB page before so I've not experienced those issues there.  I've been able to close my FB account now anyway 'cos I finally bought a VVTL-I today.  Now I need to sell or probably scrap :( my 140.

6 hours ago, Xanadu said:

Sorry I think I understand what you mean now.  Nothing to do with the Celica-Club FB group at all. You were just talking about the Club Celica one, I think.  Well, glad to know it wasn't just me having the issue.

• Like 1

I have long been behind making better use of both FB and this site. Not going to lie, FB is very frustrating at times, and I don't really post much, but is handy to see quick content, and as a club we shouldn't be afraid of that. This site is the repository of knowledge, meetings, non FB chat etc, and FB would be for showing off pics, instant questions, chat etc. Can be done :)

Selling is.....easier on FB due to the audience being worldwide. But also risky. Buch of chancers and scammers at times. And get lost with the "PM for price" rubbish. TBH I prefer eBay but get why people use FB (its free).

On 20/03/2023 at 22:36, digs said:

I have long been behind making better use of both FB and this site. Not going to lie, FB is very frustrating at times, and I don't really post much, but is handy to see quick content, and as a club we shouldn't be afraid of that. This site is the repository of knowledge, meetings, non FB chat etc, and FB would be for showing off pics, instant questions, chat etc. Can be done :)

Selling is.....easier on FB due to the audience being worldwide. But also risky. Buch of chancers and scammers at times. And get lost with the "PM for price" rubbish. TBH I prefer eBay but get why people use FB (its free).

I sold my last car on Gumtree. Free to list, someone drove 150 miles to buy it. No hassle at all.

Yeah FB seemed full of angry guys arguing about prices etc. Can't be doing with that nonsense and squabbling.

Bought my new Celica 3 days ago and already some idiot has scratched it with a shopping trolley. I don't know who it was but I know that's how it happened. So frustrating.  It's thunder grey so gonna be tricky to find something or someone to fix it. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.