Oil change question

Gimba

Hellooooo, just wondering, when ya do an oil change, how much old oil is still left in around the engine? like is it real minimal or is it better to chuck some cheap stuff in for a few hundred miles, then change it all over again to the stuff that you want in it?

if your putting an engine flush additive in before hand it normally takes 15 mins running before draining the oil out, as said let it run out a while and let a good bit out BEFORE removing the filter. then go grab a cuppa, catch up on some emails or something. i normally let it sit for an hour and drain out :)

Do when oil warm, helps it flow a bit better. I drain sump first, then let it drain, then crank it over a couple of turns, remove oil filter, let it drain some more.

Fit sump plug, fit filter, fill oil to dip stick mark. Clean up as I go. Start engine. Run for a couple of mins. Stop engine. Check for leak. Wait a few mins for oil to settle, check level.Add more if required.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.