using angle grinder under car?!

wintersun

Hey all,

just a quick question, Im replacing my rear drop links as they have now given up. They look like the originals and im stuck on the last bolt, it wont budge, even with the breaker bar out.

So im going to take the angle grinder to the bolt to get the link off.

question is, is it safe to use an angel grinder as the drop link I want to remove is right next to the fuel filler neck area.

is there any precautions I should take, or is it safe to just go ahead a cut the bolt off?

I had to use a grinder for my front drop links because the nut just kept turning, it was awkward getting it in and made quite a lot of sparks. I'd say try a hacksaw first for the rears

It might be ok with the grinder but I wouldn't recommend it unless you are taking a lot of precautions, angling the sparks away from the tank and using wet blankets to cover it just incase, like people said if you can smell fuel that means it's in the air and even more flammable than in liquid form

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.