Great way to start a Monday morning.

Sad to see things like this Mate :( Feel Your pain and Hope You can fix it with just a little cost, 3 post spoiler is really cheap but if it's me. I'll leave that spoiler to last, just fix the damaged and once the budget is there, maybe You'll op for more options with the likes of JDM, Brash Boy, TRD and even the M sports spoiler...

I really feel for you mate, shitty thing to happen. I know it's cliché but try and tell yourself it could've been worse.

Politely mention to a few neighbours. Many people these days push things to back of their minds unless prodded. No harm and then at least you know you've tried. Even mention at the end, ok well thought you might appreciate knowing to perhaps park differently, tighter, put winger mirrors in etc.

Did have a grey spoiler - but just sold a few days ago.

As long as there are no sharp edges then it will pass mot.

Is the light cracked? Even if it is - if it doesn't let out white light you can repair it with Sellotape to get it through. If it is letting white light through you can buy red/ amber coloured lens tape.

That rear quarter can be repaired - replacing it wouldn't be worth it - my red one was hit and run on rear quarter as well and we repaired it - probably looking at £400 - £600 for repairing it

I do have a 3 post spoiler in blue and also a nice Jdm replica in primer

Ams 400-600 is something i needed to hear! that's actually put me to ease knowing that ive got a estimate of a price range, I will be going around a few places to get quotes. The light isn't cracked its just got a big gash in it, so will pass which is happy to hear, the spoiler is a bit sharp in one place but its getting removed and grommeted, what size of grommet will i need??

as Boynxdoor has said the spoiler is low on the list, i dont mind running spoilerless for the time being until the damage is repaired then i will be looking for something new, never know what might pop up :D

Tbh honest ive accepted its happened now, deep down im still angry but gotta look forward and have a positive attitude something good will be on the horizon im sure.

Thanks for the help and advice guys, ill get asking around tomorrow no harm in it.

Edited by Heepsy92

I looked back at the pics and though the dent/gouge was much worse than it actually is. It should be able to be belated out I reckon. As AMS said. Not to bad after all.

Hope it's all sorted fairly soon bud. :thumbs:

Also my philosophy with all things car related. If it brakes... It get upgraded! It's Mod time! :D hehe silver linings indeed haha

I know the feelin Heeps. Finished work one day , went to car on street parking and a lorry had taken out the whole side of it, written off, driven off!

Still, it was a brown austin princess so it was understandable!

If you arent in a hurry I will be seeing some of your kilted cousins at Japfest in May. I will have my new spoiler on in a couple of weeks. You are welcome to the old one if they will ferry it north for you.

HTH

sports car breakers in new bridge had 2 Celica's a month ago, worth dropping them a phone to see what they have left. iv got a pair of pre face rear lift lights you can have in the mean time bud

0131 333 1098

Edited by M2FNG

i think im gunna do what Splinter said, things like this only mean to mod more :D so spoiler wise will be keeping my eye out for something new and genuine don't fancy reps, so gunna be rocking the spoilerless look for a while :puke: hahah

Colin the lights work fine its just got a gash on the top, no light escapes so all good there so will make do with them for the time being.

Thanks for all the support guys its really helped and made me feel a lot better about a horrid situation.

Edited by Heepsy92

A shitty thing to have done (we've had it on 3 occasions before including on our Porsche which we had no option but to claim for :( bastards!). I hope you can get this sorted and even more so that someone saw something or knows something and you can get the fucker responsible.

I've got a black 3 post spoiler in my wardrobe!!! you can have for nowt bud. I live in Fife so I could meet you somewhere instead of posting. It's not the greatest but with a little tlc it'll be good as new. Let me know if you want it & we'll sort something out :thumbs: ^mm grommets you need btw. (6mm internal, 9mm external like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RUBBER-GROMMETS-6-9-12-16-20-25-32-38-50mm-1-4-3-8-1-2-5-8-1-2-cable-/281026511967?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Electrical_Fittings_MJ&var=&hash=item416e7c445f )

Dont be too hasty to knock replicas. Rays (yellowchinaman) work is awesome, moulded from genuine, then adapted to fit even better than stock. His rear valance and GT wings are much better than stock, and have the option of lovely Carbon Fibre! :drool:

:( sorry to see this dude. at that height it looks like it was a lorry or van, and I bet they probably wouldn't even have felt it.

plus the majority usually have the stereo on full pelt too, so prob couldn't hear it either :(

But as AMS said, it should be in the £4-500 range.

I had something similar, dented and creased, and it was £450 to get this sorted on my 140 (I also returned to the car to find the damage with no note or anything)

It's not cheap, but probably better than claiming off insurance, losing your NCB and having future premiums affected.

DSC02132_zpsc83038fe.jpg

DSC02167_zps41da360d.jpg

Edited by InsolentMinx

Dont be too hasty to knock replicas. Rays (yellowchinaman) work is awesome, moulded from genuine, then adapted to fit even better than stock. His rear valance and GT wings are much better than stock, and have the option of lovely Carbon Fibre! :drool:

Its just that fear that if it doesn't fit then its gunna cost more money to get it perfect, but been on here a while now and know RTP the way to go for reps, maybe i take the dive for a rep if i cant find genuine.

:( sorry to see this dude. at that height it looks like it was a lorry or van, and I bet they probably wouldn't even have felt it.

plus the majority usually have the stereo on full pelt too, so prob couldn't hear it either :(

But as AMS said, it should be in the £4-500 range.

I had something similar, dented and creased, and it was £450 to get this sorted on my 140 (I also returned to the car to find the damage with no note or anything)

It's not cheap, but probably better than claiming off insurance, losing your NCB and having future premiums affected.

DSC02132_zpsc83038fe.jpg

DSC02167_zps41da360d.jpg

Its just one of those things you think your car is safe because it gets parked in the same place all the time, every day without any problems then bam this happens. Its horrid just seeing it done to someone else's car but when its your own its a thousand times worse.

Horrible thing to happen.

And I think it's beyond the joke that we pay such big premiums for insurance and then feel that we daren't even claim when we need to.

Shocking. Makes you wonder who the worst criminals are, the arseholes who did it or the insurance companies who force you into paying for it yourself.

• Like 1

gutted to see this Martin!

there are some real bawbags out there....

Duct tape is probably the best covering for any holes in the interim, I know cars that have had duct tape on them for over 6 months.....

Sickening to think you will have to spend so much repairing the damage when you are innocent.

So weird thing happened last night had a knock at the door telling me there was no Road tax on the car which there is and this stranger offered to buy the car :s just doesn't seem right.

Police are coming out tonight as they couldn't come out Monday or yesterday, think it's worth mentioning? He did leave details on a scrap envelope.

That sounds just too coincidental surely. 1. You'd have to randomly be close enough to notice someone's tax disc and it being out of date. Uncommon!

2. There was an in date tax disc showing. Can't believe point 1 let alone seeing the windscreen and not noticing the tax disc or it being in date.

Undoubtedly dodgy.

Tell the police, and play out like your interested to sell to get him!

Edited by KrisSilver

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.