Why dont celica owners show the love?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I never made it onto the Fiat forum - I'm afraid the multipla was only ever a crate for carrying people as far as I was concerned. I fell out of love with it about as quickly as Fiat bits started falling off or failing. Then we brought the facelift version and we're still living with it.

TBH if they didn't come with the rust (factory fitted) they'd be great cars.

I loved the look of it too, not so the facelift...

Well i need more owners like you guys in MK then. Or maybe i should travel round the UK to where you guys are, just so i can get a wave from ya. Lol.

I do get a lot of people stare, which i absolutely love and puts a smile on my face as im driving along. Specially now i got the new exhaust on. Lol

Maybe it's a midlands thing?

I never get a response, only bemused looks. There's even one guy that I pass going the other way every weds morning on the way to work. He has a thunder grey Tsport just like mine. Flashed and waved a couple of times but nothing back. I can't see any ccuk stickers on it though.

Regarding ford owners there was a similar thread on the puma forum when I had mine. Same story there.

Perhaps with gen7's people don't see you flash as they are too busy looking in the mirror...checking their hair?

I'm slowly wearing down the Gen 6 owners in Gosport, there are a couple of Black Gen 6s and a couple of Blue/Purple ones and I give them a flash and/or a wave every time I see them.

They WILL be assimilated resistance is futile. Lol

Theres a silver faff I see now and again, flash and wave.....nothing! Even parked next to it in Halfords weeks back and flyered it. Didnt bother by the looks.

I dont bother waving to G7s as stated theres too many about that most probably dont even know what car they are driving! Waved at a G6 gt yesterday, nothing back either! Only one lately was a wickee looking Supra mk4 I had a blast with on the M1.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

TBH if they didn't come with the rust (factory fitted) they'd be great cars.

I loved the look of it too, not so the facelift...

Yes rust and the self-detaching door seals, and the back door that doesn't stay up and so threatens to decapitate young children, plus the various lights that come and go on the dashboard! But I agree, the earlier version did have a sort of ugly chic that the newer models don't possess.

Owned the car 2 days, not seen anyone yet but they're a stuffy lot down here so unless 2 well modded ones meet I guess I will not be seen passed their seriously upturned noses.

I live more in hope than expectation.

I have to admit i am not the best at responding if you get ignored, I am a biker and we always say Hi to each other it just seems that a car thats on its ass with big wheels gets ignored.

Also although there are quite a few around in Leicester there arent many showing club stickers :(

There's a guy round here has a white Gen 6 so we'll flash lights if we see each other. He usually looks a bit envious though... :blush:

To be honest, the Beams seems to turn a lot of heads since I've moved here. Can't think why......

I always wave at Gen7's and the response is mostly an open mouthed look of amazement lol, I do get alot more waves back from Honda Type R owners than Celica's. ;)

I find that too. Honda owners love the Toyota haha

JDM love all around

I've flashed/given the thumbs up to people (gen 5/6/7) only one person has even acknowledged and that was a black faff in my town.

The Mrs hates it when I do it though, so if she's in the car I don't to save an ear bending :lol:

Edited by lta

In the impreza, MR2 or FTO almost always got some form of acknowledgement from other drivers/owners - in the Gen7 it's usually the "who the f**k are you" look that gets returned - LOL

Seconded! The 1st day I drove the white FTO a guy went across in front of me at roundabout in another white FTO. Serious grins and waving ensued. As I followed him I was half expecting a stoppage and cup of tea. Used to be the same with Citroens when the earth was still cooling and they were rare. Dad had the pretty much the first one in Leeds in the Mid 60s Green body red roof DS19 Known as the frog sandwhich. All the other cars were black or grey so I am told. Even got waves with one of the first GSs in the country so I guess it's just a rarity thing that Celicas will never have. I will still wave and send good Karma and if they don't respond? Well **** 'em!

Guest MR JDM

Why don't I wave / share the love?

Mainly because I only see gen 7's, if I see a 6 and I'm not daydreaming of other stuff I flash / beep at them, I've had a few funny looks but mainly people tend to flash back which is good

I don't bother with gen 7's though as most round here are middle aged snooty looking types :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.