how to get a shell from London to Grimsby, any ideas

Bumblebee

im looking at buying viets shell off him but im a bit stuck as to how i can get it here. No wheels or suspension .

any ideas apart from me having to borrow a tow car and trailer ?Anyone know anyone who could do this ?

Really cant bear to see this shell go to the crusher, aspecially as its yellow lol

I found a place that hires transit van type car carriers to transport my project shell, although that had wheels, you will have to make a trolley or something to enable you to easily move it around. or find someone with one o those trucks with a hydraulic arm on it to lift it on.

There isnt really a cheap option for this though unless you have a friend that can help. Its going to cost you a couple of hundred quid.

Edit - I used these guys and drove it myself http://www.transporterhire.co.uk/

Edited by Insanity-74

I have a recovery guy that I use who is very good but you may have to wait until he has one coming back the other way. Only thing is if no wheels he will just winch it on to the back of his truck, I do this with my bare shells and they seem to be ok with it but then again I don't use them again. Pm me if you want his no or need any bits to put this back on the road

Nice one Paul, I would love to see a "Yellow" saved. You never know, it may come in handy in the future if one of us has a wee bump (touch wood!). Isnt there a site where you can put the details of the job you want doing and transport companies bid for it? Can't remember the name now but it has been posted on here somewhere...

Sometimes transport companys will do you a deal with a return load rather than them comming back empty (they don't like that), check those nearest to you.

yeah this is what the guy I use does, he charges about £1 a mile and as long as he has something coming back he only charges you one way, am yet to find anyone as cheap or reliable - hes from essex, but he has moved cars from manchester to birmingham for me before, just have to be patient for him to get a return journey.

Isnt there a site where you can put the details of the job you want doing and transport companies bid for it? Can't remember the name now but it has been posted on here somewhere...

You're thinking of Shiply.com. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Epic fail today , got down to Viets today after a near 4hr drive only to find we couldnt get the shell on the trailer grrrrrr

Still not all bad news , came home with 2 doors , 2 jdm wings , front bumper with poly c-one lip and rear bumper with a fibreglass TRD skirt. All in Yellow.

Finally got to meet Viet , really nice guy and got to meet up with Zorg again

Weather was freezing fog when we left home but beautiful sunshine and 16 degrees when we get there . Shame we had to come home to 4 degrees and thick fog

was going to just winch it on but couldnt get the trailer under it due to where it had been parked and stripped, would have taken about 8 of us to lift the bugger even without the boot , bonnet and doors

Still im quite happy with my parts

Only thing thats pissed me off was some fucking idiot screaming down my road in the fog while i was backing trailer onto drive , ive never reversed so quick with a trailer on in my life , if i hadnt shot out the way he would definately have written both our cars off . the little prick didnt stop . unlike me when i hit the mill stone in my garden , fortunately no damage to trailer or stone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.