Which wheel nuts?

Mondo

Do not buy either, both have sheared off I ended having to spend £70 on a full set of new nuts from funky power, tryst me after all the crap I had to deal with from three nut ends shearing off completely I would not buy cheap.

I bough a set of tuner nuts a few weeks ago. Stopped 4 times during one journey last week, something was definitely wrong with the back nearside wheel. Couldn't find it until I got home and took a wheel brace to it. 2 nuts were slightly loose on the back wheel BUT 2 other nuts on the front nearside wheel could be moved by hand! Sh**ing myself every time I go out in it now. Didn't buy from the same guy as you have posted but were £20ish nuts.

Edited by Owain

I bough a set of tuner nuts a few weeks ago. Stopped 4 times during one journey last week, something was definitely wrong with the back nearside wheel. Couldn't find it until I got home and took a wheel brace to it. 2 nuts were slightly loose on the back wheel BUT 2 other nuts on the front nearside wheel could be moved by hand! Sh**ing myself every time I go out in it now. Didn't buy from the same guy as you have posted but were £20ish nuts.

I think one of us should have mentioned this..but you are advised to check the tightness of wheel nuts, approx. 100 miles after fitting them. Sorry.

I had the exact same tuner ones on my 5, had them on for 12 months with the wheels on and off every few months for a clean, and did one track day

Never had a problem with them at all

The only nuts i would be worried about id aluminium ones, there is very little chance in sheering steel nuts unless you use a 10 foot breaker bar

Aren't some tuner nuts ally,which are to be avoided?

Yes, this x1,000,000

Edited by rpsmith79

im looking for some wheel nuts, can anyone send me links of nuts they recommend please

been also looking at some locking wheel nuts too if anyone can point me to some also

Depends what wheels you have got, if you are using standard Mr T wheels you will need to stick with the standard flat seated style nuts, if you have aftermarket wheels then look for some steel M12x1.5 60 degree taper nuts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.