Wrapping it up....

ScottChester

Hi all

My bonnet is stone chipped so needs either respraying or wrapping and I'm assuming wrapping will be cheaper.

The Gen7 in this advert is the same colour as mine and I think the effect looks awesome.

2 questions:

1, The wrap is cheap enough but how much is fitting likely to cost ?

2, Does anyone know of a fitter in the northwest ?

Thanks guys

- Scott

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARBON-FIBRE-VINYL-WRAP-BLACK-2-X-1-5-METRES-3D-ROOF-BONNET-TOYOTA-CELICA-MR2-/230854142215?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35bffaa907

If your getting someone else to fit the wrap the bonnet then they will most likely want to use their own vinyl. Personally, i would have a go at doing it yourself. Like you said vinyl is cheap enough & if you arse it up then you can always take it off & throw it away (takes about 15 minutes & hot water to get it off).

I paid £70 for a roof on my previous car, I'd be looking to pay £100 ish

But it's straight forward to do, as long as you have a little patients and a few hours on your hands with a little help of somebody you can do it in your street

Thanks guys

I might try a d bargain with them a bit because they are local and I'd loose £30 quid in fuel driving to Manchester or somewhere

I'd love to have the skills to try it myself but honestly I am useles with my hands, I'd end up making a huge mess and wasting a million pounds in wrap

Cheers for the info all

WRAPPING DOES NOT HIDES STONE CHIPS!

They reflect the surface and an air pocket will only mean the vinyl would not stick down properly and eventually bubble up.

I dont know why every one with stone chips keeps turning to a wrap to cover it up?

I will somewhat disagree with you there Ray, i know you have had all the Hexis training etc, but i have wrapped many stone chipped bonnets in carbon wrap with no problems at all, gloss wrap will certainly show through, but i'd say carbon wrap will cover stone chips without a problem, and never had issues with stone chips causing bubbles either

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.