Fake Carbon

Ghoulie

14 members have voted

1. 1. What to do??

• Carbon wrap
    • Touch up paint
    • Leave it alone
    • Other (please post)

Right as you all know I have a lot of fake carbon, and I wasnt really planning on doing anymore. However as Im sure you have noticed my GT4 bonnet is a slightly different colour to the rest of the car and has a few stone chips which show white. Now the colour I can live with because the one wing, drivers door and bumper are all off different cars anyway and shes had a part respray at some point in her life due to front wing impact before I got her. The chips however are bugging me.

Now I could get some touch up paint but that always looks pants. Respray Im not even going to consider as its expensive and will stick out a mile off. of I could carbon wrap it?? Question is would this be too much wrap, should I just live with it until I win the lottery and respray whole car??

your thoughts please?

101_1460.jpg

107_1180.jpg

Edited by Ghoulscout

It wouldn't be my cup of tea Dave.but it's your car at the end of the day..

I'm the guy that would respray a carbon bonnet the same colour as the car..(if i had one that is)

Actully I think I would as well.... or maybe splinter stripes :P but thats real carbon and soooooooooooo last year

Edited by Ghoulscout

I'd leave it and try and put enough money away to get the stuff together to spray it yourself, if you're staying with the same colour then get the paint mixed to match and do it a panel at a time and the roof and rear quarters as the last hit.

It's not as expensive as you might think if you can hire a compressor and gun from anywhere

solved for you :D

Or this :lol:

I'd leave it and try and put enough money away to get the stuff together to spray it yourself, if you're staying with the same colour then get the paint mixed to match and do it a panel at a time and the roof and rear quarters as the last hit.

It's not as expensive as you might think if you can hire a compressor and gun from anywhere

Or this :lol:

What he said ,good idea...

Do a bit of research before you start, any compressor job is way easier to get a good finish than spraying from cans and metallic isn't hard to do at all, the finish of your basecoat doesn't have to be perfect so long as you get your clearcoat somewhere near then you can wet sand and polish to get a perfect finish, just start with a smaller panel first to perfect your technique

I'll be doing my 185 in a 3 stage pearl and that's a different ball game altogether, and I'm not looking forward to that one bit :unsure:

I would rather the body colour on the bonnet. Find a decent body shop in your area and ask how much they will paint it for. Do all the prep and primer yourself. If still too expensive....Wrap it up! :D

If you have the luxury of a garage, get into spraying a few panels! I bought a bonnet off a sierra and practiced spraying with celly first then progressed onto 2-pac then did a whole car. Done three cars since. Much satisfaction!

Moved to a house with no garage last year :angry: ......not happy.

Edited by thermoacc

i voted , get a life :D

dont be a friggin cheap skate dave , get a real carbon bonnet

oh look this is what real carbon looks like :rolleyes:

527204_10151002447764610_1659784731_n.jpg

and what it looks like on a grey auto ;)

281984_4516705445089_488991509_n.jpg

us in the real carbon club have a saying 'real carbon is the new fake carbon' :lol:

failing that touch it up and i found back to black liquid makes that fake shit look nice

Edited by sonic

Thanks for that Sonic but if I was to get a real carbon bonnet then id also have to change my spoiler back to standard or get a carbon one, my indicators, front trim, my headlight cowels, my rear lights, then Id prob have to change all my interior so its not really an option.

Oh and correct me if Im wrong but did you just acuse somebody else of being a cheap skate???? Thats the funniest thing I heard all day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry how much did you pay for your carbon bonnet again???? :P

17072011418.jpg

This is what fake carbon looks like B)

edit

this poll has made things more confussing should I wrap half of it??? :lol: :lol:

Edited by Ghoulscout

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.