people waving..? (celica friends?)

yorkie

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wave but people look at me like I am mental... dont think they get it lol.

thats the same as me, i try to wave as much as possible, but usually just get weird looks in return

Sign of the times and south, but most are 40+ and aren't the friendliest.

same down here, alot are mid life crisis owners

The gen 5 gets flash and a wave from near enough all the gen sixers, especially the GT4's i see out and about and mr2's too

Get them in the vert from gen 6's and also lately a couple of Jag XK drivers have given a flash and a thumbs , and (i think it was) a Masserati convertible. B) that gave me a grin all the way home - maybe its a vert thing

Gen 7 drivers round here just look at you oddly if you flick your lights or wave and probably go home and say i wonder who that was today, must have known me :shrug: :rolleyes:

don't think i would be brave enough to wave at anyone up in edinburgh, big chance i could get stabbed by some chav or ned :sofa: and no one has waved at me yet :(

Edited by M2FNG

what's a ned :shrug:

Ned is a derogatory term applied in Scotland to hooligans, louts or petty criminals, latterly with the stereotypical implication that they wear casual sports clothes. Such usage in Glasgow dates back to the 1960s or earlier

there was a film out called Neds (shit film, but you will see what these creatures look like)

I usually wave to other gen's although I've now given up on waving at Gen 7's as they always seem to give me funny looks. If it's modified I'll usually flash / put thumb up and normally I get something back although the 6's seem generally to know what I'm talking about lol

A lot of the people I go to wave at in a 7 around this way are mid 60's onwards. I wave at 6's and they wave back, mainly.

I think it's all to do with if you're in the club or not, i always flash, wave or thumbs up all Celica Gen's in my area, sometimes i get a reaction, sometimes not, and there are times i'm not concentrating when others sign me and i miss it :( I don't mean to, but there are times when we all have a s--t time at work and the last thing you're expecting is a flash, i don't take it too seriously, but i keep waving so hopefully one day everyone will respond :)

I'm 57 by the way, age has nothing to do with it, you're as young as the woman you feel ;) and the car you drive.

On the age thing, i hope i'm still driving my Celica when i'm in my 70's, I'll still wave at you DigitalG, because you drive a great car,respect to you sir B)

Everyone I flash tends to be women, they prob just think im a perv lol But majority of owners seem to be fair bit older than me. Im 21 and thought there would be a lot more people my age in them, there awesome! :P

I use the thimbs up approach rather than waving, Thumbs up gives a sign of hello and i respect your car B)

That's what I do. Get various reaction back.

Best one recently was sitting a round-about-lights inside lane when a passing silver Gen 7 in the middle peeped his horn and the passenger waved.

Thought it was one of the Edinburgh mob, but no, just a random.

don't think i would be brave enough to wave at anyone up in edinburgh, big chance i could get stabbed by some chav or ned :sofa: and no one has waved at me yet :(

You aint see me yet then Colin. I'll wave. And you cant miss my rear quarters.

3dcc9242.jpg

I see two Celica's on my way to work each day, both owned by similar-aged lads (mid-20's) - one is a T-Sport, the other a 140. Both look at me, I flash or thumbs up out the window and they just drive past like "wtf bruv? CUM BAK I CUT U UP INIT!"

I see two Celica's on my way to work each day, both owned by similar-aged lads (mid-20's) - one is a T-Sport, the other a 140. Both look at me, I flash or thumbs up out the window and they just drive past like "wtf bruv? CUM BAK I CUT U UP INIT!"

Same here either older and oblivious women or young asian/arabic underworld fraternity, with an 'I kill you' look, so I tend to play safe and stick with the gen6/5/4 hellos :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.